Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alan Redhouse revealed the impressive future of AmigaOne!!!!! (from AmiGBG 2003)  (Read 13064 times)

Description:

Offline Helgis75Topic starter

• Show all replies
Check it out at the topic from SlimJim. The report from the AmiGBG 2003. Alan revealed the future of the AmigaOne!!! Impressive stuffs i have to say!

Better check it out, and Eyetech have shipped the boards to customers after that show, so we should have them SOON!!!!  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

Impressive works, Eyetech, Hyperion and Mai!!! Keep it going!!! :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

God, about TIME!  :-)
Helgis - AMIGA DEFINITELY makes it all possible!!!

• Show all replies
One of the most impressive news Alan told was the plan for the MicroATX-based AmigaOne-XE, with ATA133Mhz RAID-support and GigaWire. At the moment the AGP is still x2, but it's possible that such a board like this will have the Artica P when it's completed. Anyway, i was very impressed!!!  :-)

Well, as i see from some of you telling here. German stores may have got their boards by today, and Gunne will have them by wednesday, i think. By friday i guess Datakompaniet in Norway may get them in. I expect to get my A1G4XE mobo sometime the second week of April:-) Very exciting, indeed!!!

• Show all replies
I was posting a mail to Datakompaniet where i told them about the show. I made a copy of the report, so they read it. I was told that they could expect to have the boards just before Easter!!! :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D

Very good news, really! The wait is finally over!!! :-)

• Show all replies
Yep, it's most important to get the AmigaOne motherboards. No matter when we get the OS4 as long as we can have the wonders of LinuxPPC, as well as being able to run MOL (Mac On Linux)!  :-D

I happy to see that i will get my A1G4XE mobo soon!  :-)

• Show all replies

mikeymike wrote:
Helgis, would you mind toning your mindless optimism down quite a few notches?  It's thoroughly depressing to think that anyone could still have your viewpoint on things after about ten years of waiting for something NEW.  And then add to that the amount of delays of getting A1 XEs to ship even without the operating system we all want on it.

I'm glad I decided to wait until OS4 is at least released (I want to see it in action first) before thinking about getting an A1, I don't know how unbelievably pee'd off I would be if I had gone for the earlybird offers!  I would have probably had several seisures by now!

Why should i be less optimistic? I don't care about what you might say. Most people feel more than happy enough to get the boards, and having the option to run LinuxPPC is a clear reason. It's to expand the software base for AmigaOS 4. If you want to wait, then fine. Most people are more than tired enough of waiting. I know for sure that i will have a motherboard in fully working condition, and being just powerful and exciting! I don't mind running Debian Linux as first...I think you sound a bit jealous, but listen up..i don't care for your comments, and i guess nobody else does...So, good luck with your choice...but we don't need your negative comments.

And you may know that two other new AmigaOne-motherboards are under development. The A1G3Lite and a microATX-formed AmigaOne with ATA133 RAID support and Gigawire, among other things..

Now you get the picture..

• Show all replies
I'm very excited at the moment! I will have my A1G4XE mobo really soon now!!!!! :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D

• Show all replies
As Alan told himself, the boards were stuck in Cologne. Yesterday Alan should have received them from Cologne and Gunne should have them tomorrow. That's 30 of them..7 of them will be delivered directly to Datakompaniet in Norway, despite this being the first shipment of the boards, so i assume you get the picture correctly now..

Hope this info helps.. :-)

• Show all replies
According to what i have read from the show and to what Alan said, i assume that Eyetech have got the boards. That means Gunne will have his boards tomorrow, and 7 of them will be handed directly to Datakompaniet in Norway.

So i believe that Eyetech just received them...

• Show all replies
Just recently got another mail from Datakompaniet after asking them if i am one of the lucky 7 to get one of the first boards, an A1G4XE. They said YES, because i already ordered for an A1XE just before Christmas 2002, and rechanged the order to the top-of-the-line AmigaOne G4-XE early January 2003, so yes, i am one of the 7!!!!! :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

• Show all replies
I certainly look forward to a very exciting time with my A1G4XE when i get it soon! :-) It gonna be a great pleasure! I miss the AmigaOS, so i definitely look forward to use the new AmigaOS 4!!!  :-)

• Show all replies
Thank to you who so kindly are cheering me up and so positive to the news of the AmigaOne! Thank you!

I do have a lot of ideas about what to do when i get my motherboard. I do have a lot of plans! I want to be able to feed ideas of new 3D-games for the AmigaOne-platform to the big software houses! I want to make wonderful music and a lot more!

Keep the feedback coming! It could get over 100 replies here! This is undoubly the most popular topics these times!  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D  :-D

This topic truly ROCKS!!!!!!!! :-)  :-)  :-)  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

• Show all replies
This is reply number 100! Wow! Keep the replies coming! Let push the topic to new heighs!!!! :-)

• Show all replies
I agree with someone in the point that AmigaOne is nothing special without OS4. With OS4, the users will feel very much at home. No, i don't expect the OS4 to be out that soon. I guess Mai or June, after having read Alans' speech very carefully. But running Linux isn't that bad either. Think about all the amazing games on the Mac-side, and you can run MOL (Mac On Linux)! Yes, that's right! That what you can do! For the moment, Linux will do just fine..

The point for AmigaOne to be an alternative to the Linux-platform is to be the cheapest and the most flexible choice of hardware other than the traditional x86 and Windows-territory..I think most people are more or less tired with the Windows-systems anyway, so such a new PPC-platform like AmigaOne is truly a BREEZE!!!

• Show all replies
I hope that this topic also could help new people to get attracted to the AmigaOne/AmigaOS4-platform. I really promise you it will be a very exciting experience, and well worth it! Come on! Pop in here, check the latest news hinted here and write in you comments, thoughts and feelings of the AmigaOne! This topic is so interesting that i don't think it will end for quite some time!  :-)  :-D

Come on, don't be shy! Pop in and join the rest of us!
We promise, you won't regret it!  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)

• Show all replies
I didn't notice this is the Emulation-side, but anyway, never mind. This topic is still the most popular one! Everybody knows what i mean about this topic!