Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 7th January 2014  (Read 5169 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 7th January 2014
« on: December 30, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
Wow for that price, I could build a really great PC and Amiga Forever, then Install Amiga Forever and have the same thing as an Amiga One X1000 but only faster.
Don't like game consoles and think they are a waste of money. Right now on my 8 core AMD I can play Amiga games with AF, Linux games with Linux, NES games with the NES emulator, CD32 games with AF

and best of all this computer only cost me about $600 to build with a 24 inch led monitor.

Come on Amiga Merchants, we are talking top of the line everything PC's for that price with available software, you have to bite the bullet somewhere and sell at a lower price to get a user base, then you have to get magazine's interested to help with the sales and proof that you are moving along, and then how about software, yes even Commodore as stupid as they where, developed software for the VIC-20, C64, C128 and then the Amiga until sales caught on, software developers started developing, and Electronic Farts started copy protecting their programs which led to the demise of the Amiga when hard drives came out and no one could utilize their hard drives for games.

How much is 2,038 Euro's in American Money? Maybe I shouldn't ask because I would probably laugh myself to death. Your Specs and software do not meet with today's computing criteria.

Yes there are startup costs but you have to figure that out, hoping for X sales, to absorb the cost of the MFG. and engineering costs and you can't make it to high because this will actually have people looking at it and laughing because it is not a top of the line computer, and has very little software, and if I was to ask can you play:

Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas,
Doom 3
and I can go on.

For your price what are you offering me to purchase it, money if very tight these days, we need some reviews by professional Mags to see what they think, the first one would probably be PC computing, then Maximum PC (these guys really like new stuff and give very fair evaluations).

Just saying, you are asking the price of a used car, so I have to kick the tires some
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 2nd January 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;755763
(1) What alternate history are you living in, dude?  How did copy protected software "lead to the demise of the Amiga"?  Seems more like it was the other way around.  Pirated software led to more people buying Amiga's because they "could just get copies of games from their buddies", but this led to reduced number of software developers.  Wasn't any money in it when piracy was running rampant.  Most people didn't even have hard drives back in the late '80s.  Although had there been more hard drive installable software more people might've bought them.  It was a catch-22.

(2) Put "convert 2038 EUR into USD" into google.

(3) Couldn't care less about any of those games.

Although sending a demo X1000 to somewhere like Maximum PC might be a good idea!  :)

@Oldsmobile Mike,

back when the Amiga first came out we were using OS 1.0, Electronic Farts came out with Skyfox, Arctic Fox and a couple of others that were really good games, well we all wanted to support Amiga and bought these games, back then believe it or not we didn't even think about pirating Amiga Software because we knew it was a new machine and needed all the support we could give it. Then advancements came to the OS and OS 1.1 came out, and a lot of the stuff we bought no longer worked with our Amiga's not only that but we all wrote letters to Electronic Farts and asked for cures, no reply, no support. Hard drives then hit the scene, and we all went out to buy them, I purchased a Supra scsi card and it was a joy to use, little bit expensive, like if I remember right $495 also bought a memory card $495, and a hard drive $$300. So I and my friends just about bought the same things for our Amiga 1000, now everybody had software starting to come out and it was copy protected, so here we had all this expensive stuff but no way to put it on hard drives, so what happened next, we all went to pirating and cracking to see if we could get the software on hard drives. Now you have to remember this was pretty early in the Amiga history line, I mean for the sake of Amiga we couldn't even put on Dpaint, it was copy protected and this was a rather expensive piece of software. So at least in my area we wanted to go copy free, we all took a pledge if it was copy protected we would do our best to crack it and distribute it, if it wasn't copy protected you had to buy it. This lasted about a year, then it went back to old C64 days.

BTW our club cracked a lot of CP software, so now you know how at least I believe that copy protected software ruined the Amiga.

I still follow that rule, even on PC stuff, but most all PC software is hard drive installable so my cracking tools are still in the closet, probably really outdated though.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better