Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 7th January 2014  (Read 5123 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 7th January 2014
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:04:33 PM »
A-EON Christmas Cracker, the Christmas Promotion for the AmigaONE X1000 will be ending on the 7th January 2014.

The promotion is currently available until this date from participating Amiga dealers such as AmigaKit.com, Relec, Alinea Computer and AMedia

The AmigaONE X1000 is a the fastest and most powerful AmigaOS 4 capable machine available, centered around the PA6T CPU.

It features the latest RadeonHD graphics card driver and 7.1 HD Audio driver for AmigaOS 4.1.

In addition there are optional extras such as special edition Catweasel MK2AE which can let you read original Classic Amiga floppy disks on your X1000!

The AmigaONE X1000 is A-EON Technology's flagship product.  During 2013 there has been a large amount of development on the AmigaONE X1000 which has grown it into a more mature product and further software and updates will be forthcoming in 2014, commissioned by A-EON Technology Ltd.

Where To Buy:

UK Customers:
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/GBP.php?url=product_info.php?products_id=1071

USA Customers:
http://www.amigakit.us/product_info.php?products_id=1071

European Customers:
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/EUR.php?url=product_info.php?products_id=1071

Switzerland Customer:
http://www.relec.ch

German Customers:
http://www.alinea-computer.de (Email For Details)

French Customers:
http://amiga.amedia-computer.com/index.php/catalogue/infos/2/6/AM_PACKNEMO1
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:26:36 AM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
Re: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 7th January 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:32:50 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;755671
A-EON Christmas Cracker, the Christmas Promotion for the AmigaONE X1000 will be ending on the 7th January 2014.

The promotion is currently available until this date from participating Amiga dealers such as AmigaKit.com, Relec, Alinea Computer and AMedia

The AmigaONE X1000 is a the fastest and most powerful AmigaOS 4 capable machine available, centered around the PA6T CPU.

It features the latest RadeonHD graphics card driver and 7.1 HD Audio driver for AmigaOS 4.1.

In addition there are optional extras such as special edition Catweasel MK2AE which can let you read original Classic Amiga floppy disks on your X1000!

The AmigaONE X1000 is A-EON Technology's flagship product.  During 2013 there has been a large amount of development on the AmigaONE X1000 which has grown it into a more mature product and further software and updates will be forthcoming in 2014, commissioned by A-EON Technology Ltd.

Where To Buy:

UK Customers:
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/GBP.php?url=product_info.php?products_id=1071

USA Customers:
http://www.amigakit.us/product_info.php?products_id=1071

European Customers:
http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/EUR.php?url=product_info.php?products_id=1071

Switzerland Customer:
http://www.relec.ch

German Customers:
http://www.alinea-computer.de (Email For Details)

French Customers:
http://amiga.amedia-computer.com/index.php/catalogue/infos/2/6/AM_PACKNEMO1

So...what you are saying for the price of one Amiga computer, I can get:

1 x Amiga computer = 6 x Playstation 4
             or
1 x Amiga computer = 7 x PC computers
             or
1 x Amiga computer = 13 x Playstation 3
             or
1 x Amiga computer = 5 x xBox One
             or
1 x Amiga computer = 4 x PC notepad running Windows 8 or Windows 7
             or
1 x Amiga computer = 5 x iPad air
             or
1 x Amiga computer = 2 x MacBook Pro

and it is on sale? OH! That is an excellent deal...I am in!! :P

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 2nd January 2014
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »
Geeze, somebody's quick with the snark!  Playstations... XBox's...  iPads...  IMHO most of those items you listed are junk, I'd rather the Amiga, myself.
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 07:08:01 PM »
Agreed. Get that stick out your arse and buy the x1000  :quickdraw:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline amoskodare

• Show only replies by amoskodare
    • http://m4rko.com/amiga
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 07:45:02 PM »
@AmigaClassicRule

Does anyone of them you listed run AmigaOS 4? ;)
C128 + Action Replay, A500+ (KS1.3/KS2.0), A1200, A1200/040, Amiga Forever 2008+09+2016, Amiga Future subscriber, Nokia N900 (Maemo 5), 5 x86/x64 boxes
AmigaOS 4.1 FEu1 on Sam440ep-flex/800MHz/1GB RAM/Radeon 9250 :afro:
AOS4.1 FE Update 1 for Classic (on WinUAE PPC)
m4rko.com/AMIGA

Offline Djole

• Show only replies by Djole
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »
You could also buy 1x a4000 with 060 and PPC, GFX card....
A1200 030
A1200 stock
A600 Vampire v2

VOLIM TE REPUBLIKO SRPSKA!
[/B][/COLOR]

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: AmigaONE X1000 Sale Ends 7th January 2014
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 07:54:10 PM »
Wow for that price, I could build a really great PC and Amiga Forever, then Install Amiga Forever and have the same thing as an Amiga One X1000 but only faster.
Don't like game consoles and think they are a waste of money. Right now on my 8 core AMD I can play Amiga games with AF, Linux games with Linux, NES games with the NES emulator, CD32 games with AF

and best of all this computer only cost me about $600 to build with a 24 inch led monitor.

Come on Amiga Merchants, we are talking top of the line everything PC's for that price with available software, you have to bite the bullet somewhere and sell at a lower price to get a user base, then you have to get magazine's interested to help with the sales and proof that you are moving along, and then how about software, yes even Commodore as stupid as they where, developed software for the VIC-20, C64, C128 and then the Amiga until sales caught on, software developers started developing, and Electronic Farts started copy protecting their programs which led to the demise of the Amiga when hard drives came out and no one could utilize their hard drives for games.

How much is 2,038 Euro's in American Money? Maybe I shouldn't ask because I would probably laugh myself to death. Your Specs and software do not meet with today's computing criteria.

Yes there are startup costs but you have to figure that out, hoping for X sales, to absorb the cost of the MFG. and engineering costs and you can't make it to high because this will actually have people looking at it and laughing because it is not a top of the line computer, and has very little software, and if I was to ask can you play:

Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas,
Doom 3
and I can go on.

For your price what are you offering me to purchase it, money if very tight these days, we need some reviews by professional Mags to see what they think, the first one would probably be PC computing, then Maximum PC (these guys really like new stuff and give very fair evaluations).

Just saying, you are asking the price of a used car, so I have to kick the tires some
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Everblue

• Show only replies by Everblue
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »
The price isn't the most ridiculous thing here. It is the fact that you are buying hardware that most probably Amiga OS4.1 will never fully support. And then, let's talk about the software...

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 08:06:11 PM »
(1) What alternate history are you living in, dude?  How did copy protected software "lead to the demise of the Amiga"?  Seems more like it was the other way around.  Pirated software led to more people buying Amiga's because they "could just get copies of games from their buddies", but this led to reduced number of software developers.  Wasn't any money in it when piracy was running rampant.  Most people didn't even have hard drives back in the late '80s.  Although had there been more hard drive installable software more people might've bought them.  It was a catch-22.

(2) Put "convert 2038 EUR into USD" into google.

(3) Couldn't care less about any of those games.

Although sending a demo X1000 to somewhere like Maximum PC might be a good idea!  :)
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 08:37:15 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;755763
(1) What alternate history are you living in, dude?  How did copy protected software "lead to the demise of the Amiga"?  Seems more like it was the other way around.  Pirated software led to more people buying Amiga's because they "could just get copies of games from their buddies", but this led to reduced number of software developers.  Wasn't any money in it when piracy was running rampant.  Most people didn't even have hard drives back in the late '80s.  Although had there been more hard drive installable software more people might've bought them.  It was a catch-22.

(2) Put "convert 2038 EUR into USD" into google.

(3) Couldn't care less about any of those games.

Although sending a demo X1000 to somewhere like Maximum PC might be a good idea!  :)

@Oldsmobile Mike,

back when the Amiga first came out we were using OS 1.0, Electronic Farts came out with Skyfox, Arctic Fox and a couple of others that were really good games, well we all wanted to support Amiga and bought these games, back then believe it or not we didn't even think about pirating Amiga Software because we knew it was a new machine and needed all the support we could give it. Then advancements came to the OS and OS 1.1 came out, and a lot of the stuff we bought no longer worked with our Amiga's not only that but we all wrote letters to Electronic Farts and asked for cures, no reply, no support. Hard drives then hit the scene, and we all went out to buy them, I purchased a Supra scsi card and it was a joy to use, little bit expensive, like if I remember right $495 also bought a memory card $495, and a hard drive $$300. So I and my friends just about bought the same things for our Amiga 1000, now everybody had software starting to come out and it was copy protected, so here we had all this expensive stuff but no way to put it on hard drives, so what happened next, we all went to pirating and cracking to see if we could get the software on hard drives. Now you have to remember this was pretty early in the Amiga history line, I mean for the sake of Amiga we couldn't even put on Dpaint, it was copy protected and this was a rather expensive piece of software. So at least in my area we wanted to go copy free, we all took a pledge if it was copy protected we would do our best to crack it and distribute it, if it wasn't copy protected you had to buy it. This lasted about a year, then it went back to old C64 days.

BTW our club cracked a lot of CP software, so now you know how at least I believe that copy protected software ruined the Amiga.

I still follow that rule, even on PC stuff, but most all PC software is hard drive installable so my cracking tools are still in the closet, probably really outdated though.
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline ajlwalker

• Show only replies by ajlwalker
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
I'm sorry, I just don't believe this "piracy killed the Amiga" myth.

Piracy existed, sure it did. But the vast majority of it was conducted by schoolkids who couldn't afford the games new, but still wanted to play them. Net effect on sales was nil. They wouldn't have bought the game even if there was no other way to play it than to buy the original.

I know this because I was a schoolkid back then and saw a lot of games being passed around and copied. When we were all a bit older and had jobs, some of us (like me) bought loads of original boxed games.

The only effect uncopyable software would have had would have been to reduce the Amiga hardware sales dramatically. And the Amiga would have died a lot quicker.

No, what killed the Amiga (as a games machine) was the arrival of better rivals, with better games. The playstation just blew away everything. And you know, you could chip that and play copies, but nobody ever says piracy killed the playstation.

Even look today, where piracy is relatively difficult. You have games priced at £45+ selling a million copies in a couple of days. There are (and were) plenty people buying games to support the software industry. If that industry moves on and your hardware is left behind, then that is the major reason for your market collapsing, not piracy.

On topic, I hope many more people buy and are pleased with their X1000s. Thanks again Trevor.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 11:32:45 PM »
Quote from: Everblue;755762
The price isn't the most ridiculous thing here. It is the fact that you are buying hardware that most probably Amiga OS4.1 will never fully support. And then, let's talk about the software...

Does the lack of a networking driver bug everyone else this much?

Now the "sale" price of over $2600...
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline utri007

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 12:09:21 AM »
Poor people should calculate price to their hobbyes. ;)

Nobody has a hobby wich would require 6 ps4 gameconsoles, ipads or whatever.
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2013, 12:19:04 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;755782
Does the lack of a networking driver bug everyone else this much?

When I saw an X1000 the guy just plugged it in to the router and turned it on.  Although I admit it did feel a bit weird browsing the web on an Amiga, LOL.  It's been a long time.  ;)  Is there something I missed about their networking not working?

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 02:55:16 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;755785
Is there something I missed about their networking not working?

Ummmmm, yeah, A Lot!!!:juggler:

P.S. Plz don't ask for a link 'cause there's too damn many of 'em and I don't wanna read 'em again!
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!