Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 966 times)

Description:

Offline X-rayTopic starter

• Show only replies by X-ray
Batman Begins
« on: June 18, 2005, 07:01:14 PM »
Just saw it at my favourite screen in Camden.
Well...it was good, very good. After all the crap Batman movies we've had, finally we have a film that gives the character some punch, some dark volatility.
Bale did a good job, as did Oldman and Caine. Neeson was average and the bint was nothing special.
But the sound...the sound was very well done. I found my hair standing on end the first time the Scarecrow put his mask on, and also when the armoured vehicle was being test-driven in-doors. You'll see (or hear) what I mean.

I recommend it.

Re: Batman Begins
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 07:09:12 PM »
Is it as good as the 1989 film that spawned the A500's Batpack?

Also, is it suitable film to take my 6 (Nearly 7) year old son to watch?  It's a 12A so he's allowed to watch it with an adult present, but I'd prefer for someone who had seen it to tell me.

Cheers.

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 07:17:37 PM »
@ mdma

It is the best of the lot, from an adult perspective, but teenagers and kids would perhaps prefer the first one. As to letting your 6-year old see it, I think not, purely because of the Scarecrow. I don't think the film is aimed at children at all. Some of the scenes will be a bit much for him.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 07:35:48 PM »

X-ray wrote:
@ mdma

It is the best of the lot, from an adult perspective, but teenagers and kids would perhaps prefer the first one. As to letting your 6-year old see it, I think not, purely because of the Scarecrow. I don't think the film is aimed at children at all. Some of the scenes will be a bit much for him.

I thought it might be a bit scary for him.  The promo stuff is very dark.

Never mind  Madagascar it is. :-)

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:30:44 PM »
Yep, Batman Begins was pretty good. Quite a change from the last few Batman movies. Indeed it was worth every penny paid for the ticket. :-)

Whether Batman Begins is better than the first Batman movie is debatable. Darker and more mature yes, but better? Hmmm. I wouldn't say so. :-)

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 04:45:44 PM »
X-ray,

Here's my Batman thought :
http://www.whyzzat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=297

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 06:05:28 PM »
Ja, it was a good movie, for me the best of the lot, but then again my tastes have changed slightly since the original 80s movie. So far I'm on a lucky streak: several nice films in a row.