Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I still like MorphOS more.  (Read 16120 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

Re: I still like MorphOS more.
« on: August 30, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
In my particular case, I had a frustrating experience with MOS.
I got a bug ridden Ambient panel, and a system uncapable of working with modern LCD monitors (BTW, I asked for support here on Amiga.org).

I ended up frustrated, finally testing it on an ancient and eye-hurting CRT monitor. With an annoyingly long ethernet cable.

In my case, I repartitioned the drive again, and Installed some old version of OSX, which actually worked on both of my modern LCDs and it gave me wifi support as a bonus.

Even Aros and Amiga 68k have proper wifi support. In the end, I think I am better with them and OSX.

My PowerMac cost me just $100 bucks, and I feel lucky I didnt pay for a MOS license.

I also feel frustrated, in that I thought MOS was better, and finally it didnt live upto my expectations.

Offline Gulliver

Re: I still like MorphOS more.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 03:16:11 AM »
I hope not all MOS users are like takemehomegrandma!
That doesnt sure show friendliness or will to help.

I asked help here because I was just testing MOS to see if it lived upto its promises, and a few MOS developers were usual posters. Anyway, the bug reports were sent from the deafault MOS bult-in app created for that purpose (which is a standart channel).I got no solution whatsoever.

I didnt do anything to the system, just installed MOS with its installer using its default options. My machine is a PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 2002 with 768MB ram and a Radeon AGP 7500 32MB. So hardware was absolutely supported and MOS was installed without any modifications.

The radeon was connected thru a DVI to VGA cable, that worked great under OSX. But those two LCD monitors were tried on MOS, and both failed to properly show an image.

My posts regarding these issues are still available if you use the search function of this website.

I then found an old Packard Bell CRT monitor and updated the browser, surfed the web, installed some applications, but it was not good being married to a long ethernet cable and a crappy monitor.

Anyway, I will have to pass on trying MOS again, OSX will stay there. I wont bother changing it again. I got better support on OSX forums when I ran into trouble, and there is a ton of software for it.

For a next gen machine, I just tried afterwards and then prefered something that works for me right from the start, like Aros on my notebook.

@Nicholas

Thank you for your help offer, but I havent found a compelling reason to mess with MOS again.

I was just explaining my personal experience with MOS, which was not positive.