Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I still like MorphOS more.  (Read 16211 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: I still like MorphOS more.
« on: August 30, 2013, 04:02:09 PM »
Quote from: _ThEcRoW;746622
For what use is that amount of memory on an amiga compatible os?

It's not. Amiga compatible, that is.

But that stuff is Off Topic in this thread anyway...

;)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: I still like MorphOS more.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 12:40:32 AM »
Quote from: Gulliver;746653
a system uncapable of working with modern LCD monitors

MorphOS is very capable of using "modern monitors", what do you think people are using every day? Ancient and eye-hurting CRT monitors? :lol: ;)

There is no magic or rocket science involved in this, it's all very basic. I actually can't imagine what you did wrong (that it worked with OSX suggests that the HW wasn't faulty, but a "human error" instead, or that you used unsupported HW (which IMHO would fall under the "human error" category as well ;))). Usually it's just a matter of connecting the monitor and it works. If the monitor characteristics isn't identified automatically by MorphOS upon boot, it's just a matter of choosing a corresponding preset manually (or creating a new monitor and entering the characteristics of the monitor yourself). Just as you always did on Amiga AFAIK.

(BTW, I asked for support here on Amiga.org).

Instead of using the official support channels (there are several to choose from)?

Why?

:crazy:

The MorphOS team (or other users) is always very helpful and fast to answer (both on the ML and on MZ, and there is also IRC), and if it's a matter of a previously undiscovered bug regarding your particular HW combination, then they would probably like to get a report of that so that they could have a chance of fixing it for a future OS update.

Even Aros and Amiga 68k have proper wifi support.

Isn't that the very same wifi support that MorphOS offers? At least I thought so (haven't used wifi myself).

My PowerMac cost me just $100 bucks

Well, good thing it wasn't a lot of money at least... :)

and I feel lucky I didnt pay for a MOS license.

Yes, that's indeed a very good feature of MorphOS; try before you buy! :) If it turns out that you can't even set up the system properly, then you shouldn't have to waste money on a license for something that won't suit you anyway... ;)

I thought MOS was better, and finally it didnt live upto my expectations.

Indeed it seems that OSX suits you better, but when it comes to "Amiga NG", nothing beats MorphOS, it's as simple as that. But since you obviously didn't get as far as to *actually use it*, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that...

;)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)