Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SSI Gold Box AD&D games  (Read 1067 times)

Description:

Offline amigadaveTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
SSI Gold Box AD&D games
« on: November 27, 2005, 07:43:29 PM »
Those were (and I guess still are) some of my favorite games ever on any computer.  I have most if not all of them in my collection and started a couple up to show my 12 year old son last week.  He actually enjoyed them too, eventhough he has a huge collection of GameBoy/Nintendo/Playstation 2 games and has just started playing Guild Wars on the new PC we built together for his birthday in August.  The one SSI Gold Box game/game creator/editor that did not get ported to the Amiga (AFAIK) was Forgotton Realms Unlimited Adventures.  I bought it for the PC, but being an Amiga user never did anything with it 10+ years ago when I got it.  If I can convince SSI to release the source code to FRUA with a written agreement that it would only be used to port to the Amiga OS, I will be looking for programmers to help with the port.  I have also found an Open Source project on the PC called Dungeon Craft, which is a FRUA clone with higher resolutions available and the ability to convert some SSI files for use.  Does anyone know if anything like DC was done on the Amiga?
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)