Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Comparison between Teron PX and Pegasos II
Comparison between Teron PX and Pegasos II
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: A feature comparison between the "AmigaOne XE" and the Pegasos II motherboards (as of 2003-10-24).

Picture Stats:
Views: 4532
Filesize: 28.99kB
Height: 768 Width: 1024
Posted by: Seehund at October 24, 2003, 10:55:10 PM

Image Linking Codes
BB Code

Comments (14)

GadgetMaster
June 24, 2009, 04:02:44 PM
Looking back at this thread it all looks so petty and pathetic now in 2009.

What a waste of effort the community split was.

I'm glad that everyone is over the whole saga.

Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself in this case.
Panthro
February 19, 2005, 01:48:38 AM
damn this is flame bait!!!! :lol:

BTW is anyone interested in terron?
I preffer A1 or even pegII way before it!!

Amiga & imitators rule!!
Seehund
October 06, 2004, 02:51:39 AM
Weird. I cut'n'pasted the "update" line from the previous update and forgot to change the date before hitting "post comment". I edited the post to today's date, but now it won't change! And no, I'm not seeing the browser's cached page.

I'll be... I see the newly edited date in the original comment here now on the reply page, but it just won't show up in the normal comments view - and yet it's marked as having been edited by me!

(Edit: and now that I posted this correction, the right date is there in the previous post. The XOOPS gods must have it in for me.)
Seehund
October 06, 2004, 02:38:11 AM
Update, 2004-10-06:

Availability: Production (and sales?) of the Teron PX has been discontinued, at least until a solution to a hardware flaw has materialised.

Disk + NIC + PCI: It is not possible to reliably use a DMA mode with the Teron PX's on-board IDE/UATA interface while using the on-board network interface. The suggested solution to current users is to install a PCI IDE controller card. If sound and network/DMA-harddisk capabilities are required, then this along with the removed on-board sound reduces the number of free PCI slots to one, plus one shared with AGP.
HopperJF
June 01, 2004, 01:41:50 AM
this image just screams out "flame war"
Seehund
March 08, 2004, 03:10:19 PM
Update, 2004-03-08:

Availability: The Pegasos II has been available since around Christmas/New Year.

Other connectors: The Teron PX does not come with onboard sound. I don't know if Mai removed the audio/MIDI connectors, but if they're still there, they're apparently useless.
KennyR
January 09, 2004, 05:00:53 PM
Noooooooo...!!!

The truth...it burns!

;-)
CD32Freak
October 30, 2003, 08:44:40 PM
;-)
I think one should compare the Pegasos II with the upcoming AmigaOne Lite/microA1/whatever (make up your mind! :-D ) and not Teron PX  :-)
Seehund
October 27, 2003, 07:36:34 PM
@CD32Freak

Your post doesn't make much sense to me, and I don't really understand what it has to do with the comparison.

Unless you're planning to become a commercial developer of Articia hardware applications, a Teron PX costs $300 without a CPU module, and $500 with a PPC7445.

The price on the page you linked to is for commercial development kits.

Exactly what do you think is "FUD" about the simple and undisputable fact that some Terons are sold as "AmigaOnes"? Are you even aware of what FUD means?

Do you think it's BAD that Eyetech sells boards made from an existing design?

Would it be BETTER if they did NOT sell the exact same hardware, and the volumes would be even lower, the market even more divided, and the prices even higher, just to make a deluded minority of luddites who believe in "new Amigas" even happier about being "special" in a very expensive way for no stinking reason at all?

@iamaboringperson

See? No joke is too absurd to not become reality in this little Amiga microcosm... ;)

[EDIT: And now that CD32Freak deleted his post, my own post doesn't make sense either. :) ]
Seehund
October 27, 2003, 07:14:11 PM
@iamaboringperson

:D

Wrong site. A technical, factual comparison is only considered a troll over at "The Amiga Community Portal". ;)
CD32Freak
October 27, 2003, 11:48:25 AM
Nevermind  :-D
iamaboringperson
October 25, 2003, 07:40:04 AM
Troll!!! :-D

;-)
Seehund
October 25, 2003, 03:44:21 AM
I submitted this pic only to abuse the amiga.org server as an image host for this thread. ;)

(Note: The Teron PX price listed here is Eyetech's RRP when it's sold by/through them as an "AmigaOne XE". The normal price for a G4 Teron PX is ~$500.)
AmigaHeretic
October 25, 2003, 01:21:31 AM
I always loved those really insecure people that have to go around trying to convince someone that they're stupid because they think what they have is better just so they can feel better about themselves...

My Atari 800 is better than your Commodor 64.

My Sega Master System is better than your NES.

My PC is better than your Amiga

My Sega Genesis is better than your Turbo Grafx 16

My X-Box is better than your PlayStation II

My Peg is better than your Teron

My d*ck is bigger than your moms etc. etc. etc.