Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Darth Maul is DEAD DEAD DEAD!  (Read 5796 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Darth Maul is DEAD DEAD DEAD!
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:21:30 AM »
Darth Maul is dead. No amount of rage could save him from his fate. Not only was he cut in half, but he also fell to the planet's core from which Naboo draws is power. He is ash, nothing more nothing less. And yes, while he may look intimidating, though he may look like the most powerful Sith you have ever laid eyes on, he is not. Powerful yes, skillful yes, well trained with the light saber yes, but all powerful? No. I think the novels and comics made his fate pretty clear. Dead is dead, and no the Visionaries story arc do not count, they are not canon!

Likewise, Mandalore is an autonomous collective, it's not some "cultured" politically correct collective for douche bags. No Mandalore's government toppled, like two times and it has been the law of The West ever since then. The general rule is this on Mandalore,"you don't cross me, I don't shoot you." Why do you think Mandalorians are so feared? Because of their ability to talk hours on end about political philosophy? Real Mandalorians only have time for action, not philosophy, comfort, and a nice fitting wardrobe!

And in the case of the invented Darth Maul's Brother character in Clone Wars....

ummmm, you can't be granted Sith Skill over night via magic, that's just retarded! Why would Maul even care about his brother after all these years anyhow? If a Jedi can sever his connection with his family and loved ones, don't you think a Sith does too only a thousand times over? They generally crave power, not brotherhood. The idea of Maul having a brother, or at least one he is capable of bonding with after years under Palpatine's control... is just plain stupid.

Anyhow, that's my rant for today.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:24:32 PM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Re: Darth Maul is DEAD DEAD DEAD!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:38:40 AM »
It's Star Wars.  All canon was blown away by midichlorians and episodes 1-3, what little there was to begin with.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 02:52:47 AM »
What are you talking about? There are no episodes 1-3.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:18 AM »
I think i see the problem here. What you really want is Star Trek. All this "star wars" sillyness can only end one way  ;)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 12:11:33 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;729108
Darth Maul is dead. ...
...Anyhow, that's my rant for today.

I'm a bit upset by that.  I had no idea.  And I was saving up to buy that DVD. Damn!

PS: Weren't the Mandalorians in Back to the Future ?  Or were they female ones?  (Sorry I am a Dad)

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 11:44:54 PM »
Quote from: TheBilgeRat;729111
It's Star Wars.  All canon was blown away by midichlorians and episodes 1-3, what little there was to begin with.

Midichlorians piss me off too. Thankfully I believe The Phantom Menace is the only novel that makes any mention of them, the rest of the authors just kind of dropped the subject and wisely so. Star Wars is about a mysterious all encompassing force which binds all things together and which can be harnessed and used for either positive or negative results, and likewise, will render positive or negative results upon the user depending upon how they use it. That whole "strictly science and logic" angle that the  midichlorians brought to the table really didn't fit in, unless...

...unless of course midichlorians are just things that gravitate towards those who are sensitive to The Force, and not necessarily what makes one strong in The Force. That I can stomach.

As for Episodes I, II, and III, the do not exist in my mind. I believe I watched each of them a couple times, tried a few fan edits, found no way to like them (maybe a scene or two), and discarded them forever. There is no parts 1-3, there is only:

Darth Plagueis
Darth Maul: Saboteur
Cloak of Deception
Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
The Phantom Menace
Rogue Planet
Outbound Flight
The Approaching Storm
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
The Cestus Deception
The Hive
Jedi Trial
The Republic Commando Novels
Shatterpoint
MedStar I and II
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
Labyrinth of Evil
Revenge of the Sith
Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
Imperial Commando 501st (discontinued because of the craptastic Clone Wars series and all it's contradictions to Karen Traviss' work)
The Last of the Jedi (series)
Coruscant Nights (series)
The Han Solo Trilogy
The Lando Trilogy
A New Hope
Scoundrels
Allegiance
Choices Of One
The Empire Strikes back
Shadows of the Empire
Return of the Jedi
The Truce at Bakura
etc. etc. etc.

And of course most of the Dark Horse Comics such as Republic, Dark Times, Empire, and so forth.

I understand the prequel movies contradicted a ton of stuff, but the novels and comics do their best to patch things up and serve as a much better representation of good Star Wars story telling.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:09:49 AM by XDelusion »
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 11:50:38 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;729141
I think i see the problem here. What you really want is Star Trek. All this "star wars" sillyness can only end one way  ;)

Pfft! Star Trek is even worse when it comes to continuity. None of the novels even try to match up hardly, and well since the release of the latest movie (which was an awesome action film (not sci-fi) btw), nothing as we know it ever happened, time travel saw to that for the 5th billionth time. :)

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 01:20:45 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;729144
I'm a bit upset by that.  I had no idea.  And I was saving up to buy that DVD. Damn!

PS: Weren't the Mandalorians in Back to the Future ?  Or were they female ones?  (Sorry I am a Dad)

WTF?!?! Back to the Future? Great stuff!

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 02:28:27 AM »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 02:50:27 AM »

WIN!!!  :roflmao:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 04:15:45 AM »
I think i see the problem here. What you really want is Star Trek. All this "star wars" sillyness can only end one way ;)

We all know that Picard would slap the hell out of that ponce Skywalker.

Skywalker: "my jedi mind powers don't work on this one"
Picard back hands Skywalker
Picard: "Shut the hell up. Your no better than that wretch Wesley Crusher!"

http://youtu.be/iYCjqmbsmYA
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 08:45:58 AM by CritAnime »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »
@XDelusion. Star Trek actually holds up quite well. The books don't count as they are not considered Canon. If you check Memory Alpha or the reference book Chronology you will see almost everything falls into place. star bors is just a cheap imitation of Star Trek. That's my opinion and i'm not changing it.

@Clitanimae. Why did you link such a bad episode? There are so many better ones. But i can't find any right now i'm too tired (new girlfriend). This will do for now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7ylbiCuFyw

PS - I'm drunk.

Offline cunnpole

• Show only replies by cunnpole
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2013, 01:27:24 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;729266
Star Trek actually holds up quite well

Apart from the whole warp speed redefinition and warp 10 turning you into a big toad. That really irks me...

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »
Quote from: cunnpole;729283
Apart from the whole warp speed redefinition and warp 10 turning you into a big toad. That really irks me...
The easiest way to deal with Voyager (and Enterprise, for that matter) is to say that they never existed.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 02:07:58 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;729207

As for Episodes I, II, and III, the do not exist in my mind. I believe I watched each of them a couple times, tried a few fan edits, found no way to like them (maybe a scene or two), and discarded them forever. There is no parts 1-3, there is only:

Wait, if Episodes I, II and III do not exist then why are we talking about Darth Maul? :confused:

For the record i like Darth Maul but not the 3 movies. Ep I was good because of the lightsabre deuls in it. Liam Neeson was good too. So was the CGI artwork of Corusent.