Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Building Pegasos Superbundle!  (Read 5552 times)

Description:

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: Building Pegasos Superbundle!
« on: April 23, 2003, 02:20:12 PM »
maybe i am missing out on something here, but how on earth will u make the developers interested if this is supposed to be a bundle ?

i dont know if this is all about making a totally new bundle or if its about using old software in a new package, but i as a developer know one thing, we wont work for free anymore and beyond that a mere 300 copies sold of the software wont even cover the costs of holding a team put together, most of em would move away from it in less than a week/month...

but if u can pull this off bill then i will be amazed but most of all i would like to see the same optimistic sense after the release of this and get out more right after it, as everyone can pull of 1 bundle...but when its 2...thats where the problem comes, as thats when all the devlopers notice that there basically was no money in it at all and just alot of waste of time.

but ofcourse any morphos user would love this , and hopefully all the developers also, and that they will follow it after the release even.

srry for not beeing optimistic about it in anyway since i know how much everything sells on amiga/pegasos and basically the numbers would scare anyone off the plattforms, atleast if u are a developer and most of all a poor developer.

the pegasos 2 sounds like a nice idea, hopefully it will be out in enough quantities and for a reasonable price (i have no doubts about that) but most of all i hope it would attract more people to buy it, and most of all i hope that everyone's reputation wont be killed or hurted if it ever comes and same goes to the os4 team etc.

no more wars, no more fights ... keep us together and there might be a market within the end of 2004, until then we will have to live with ports from pc/mac/linux and lots and lots of pd/shareware tools, i dont see how anyone would join in from the industry to make a mos nor os4 development unless there is more than 10.000 owners of the actual hw's and 99% of em beeing legal in all of it..

signed ..a developer that has met the wall in the amiga community ...1 too many times.

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 10:01:30 AM »
targhan: i dont know about everyone else , but i am a loyal amiga user, i dont use a pc or a mac or a linux box...i use only amiga , i have had my times as an pc owner back when i was administrating a pc network at work, but when i quitted that work i trashed the pc and i started to love amiga again...yes i was an admin for 3 years and made my interests for computers almost die, but i am back and i have been that for 2 years now, i always kept my amigas ofcourse so i was using em alot,, but not for the stuff i used to do...making games, demos etc..

since 1999 i have tried to get 2 games out..., 1 failed last year due to finacial problems , and now it seems we just gave up another one.

since it is like this means i might have to move on to a better market if i wanna keep my team alive and together, so atm it seems we will skip the amiga area and just focus on step 2 which was and now is step 1 and thats GBA, step 3 is gc/ps2.

i will never leave the amiga , as i allready signed the deal for the games and it states there that i wont touch a pc/mac or linux while i develop or after it. (unless amiga dies)

yes i know i have an a1xe , but i havent installed linux on it....i am not joking...i just wanted the hw, and is waiting for the os.

i will get a pegasos II if its produced in enough quantities, my 2 closest neighbours have pegasos and they are ok, but have issues for now. (pegasos/mos)

it can only get better , and if it doesnt, then we atleast have the hw plattforms (pegasos and amiga1).

my only wish is to get a good enough market so that my publisher or the team actually would go back and consider the plattform again as a vital plattform to fund the projects.

but a mere 1500 hardware units sold wont even attract the smallest and lamest dev team, due to the sad numbers of sold sw out there ;( .
i am just hoping that both pegasos and amiga1 will sell alot more, and if it doesnt i hope that some kind of activity would help on that, ie a serious price drop to establish a market , like microsoft did with xbox, yes i know...they are big and have the money but there is always room for amiga as a plattform and most likely pegasos also, which has now atleast presented itself in the world as a computer.

sorry if i dragged anyone down in the pit now, but i had a few dreams....they are all gone, mostly because our first game (for ppc only) got freezed and now it seems our second one is also.

anyway back to this thread... , most wanted app must be lightwave 5.x ppc version , more important it doesnt need to be 5.5 or 5.6 but it would be nice tough, but 5.1 ppc and rTG (real) would seriously get alot of people onto the ship, that i gurantee, its as safe as the bank :)

cheers

Offline lempkee

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 11:27:55 AM »
takemehome:  u wrote .. How would you feel towards getting your two games into this software bundle? At least the software will be used and your efforts won't be completely in vain. And perhaps in the future when/if there will be a big commercial market (and your games are known) you could release a sequal to those games in a more traditional, commercial way...?

...answer: as i have said before, we are a team and my team doesnt work for free... and thats why the projects froze or stopped, so asking e if we could bundle makes no sense at all as thats exactly the trap everyone will go into as beginners, and then 1 month after its released....allof a sudden the developerment team moved to pc and quitted amiga/pegasos.

a sequel u only do if it sells so good that you wont waste money on a sequel, never make plans for a sequel unless u can read time, 6 months after the game has been ssold u should say..ok we wont or we will make a sequel...
(thats why u have heard so many games sequels, that never came..and broke yaer head so many times :).. )