Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: bsdsocket.library V4 missing?  (Read 345 times)

Description:

Offline CalabTopic starter

• Show only replies by Calab
bsdsocket.library V4 missing?
« on: February 19, 2024, 04:44:35 PM »
My Amiga 500 has a PiStorm installed, running Musashi. I've finally been able to get it all set up with RTG and Networking, using AmiTCP. I haven't installed any other programs yet. I'm running OS3.2.2.1 on 3.2 ROMs.

I installed AmiSSL and have what I hope is a small issue...  If I use the command "openssl" I get an error that the computer can't find bsdsocket.library V4.

I took a look on Aminet.net and can't find that library. I'm assuming that it was either part of the OS install, or AmiTCP should have installed it... I'm not really sure.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

Offline Boing-ball

Re: bsdsocket.library V4 missing?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 07:41:11 PM »
Is it in LIBS: ? If you have a bsdsocket.library in libs. Then run the command version bsdsocket.library and it doesn't show V4 or above , then that will be the issue.

Bsdsocket.library is part of the TCP/IP stack. It’s the main component to start it. You will probably not find this on Aminet.net as it’s technically it’s attached to a TCP/IP stack such as Roadshow, MiamiDX etc..

Offline Thomas

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 08:14:28 AM »

bsdsocket is part of the TCP/IP stack. For AmiTCP the version of bsdsocket.library matches the version of AmiTCP. So if you installed version 3 of AmiTCP, you also have version 3 of bsdsocket.library which is too old for AmiSSL. You have to install AmiTCP V4 or Genesis or Miami or Roadshow instead.

Offline CalabTopic starter

• Show only replies by Calab
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 06:48:06 PM »
bsdsocket is part of the TCP/IP stack. For AmiTCP the version of bsdsocket.library matches the version of AmiTCP. So if you installed version 3 of AmiTCP, you also have version 3 of bsdsocket.library which is too old for AmiSSL. You have to install AmiTCP V4 or Genesis or Miami or Roadshow instead.
Ah... I only have v3.0b. That would explain everything. Thank you!