Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: is super street fighter 2 a good port?  (Read 8409 times)

Description:

Offline Morax

• Show all replies
Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« on: June 23, 2006, 02:09:50 PM »

Genesis has always been inferior to the Super Nintendo.  
Genesis  = 64 colors FM sound
SNES   =  256 colors  16bit sound

The Amiga is usually right between the 2 but can accomplish what both can do....in some cases an accelerator may be needed........but the SNES used one also......the SuperFX chip in the cartridges such as for Killer Instinct.

Actually the SNES has 8-bit (according to this only 4-bit) sound, with 8 stereo channels:
The sound chip (Sony SPC700) which actually a separate processor is a 8 bit sound chip with a 16-bit program counter, but all of it's registers are 8-bit. Even though it is a 8 bit chip it doesn´t generate more than 4-bit ADPCM sound data. It has 64Kbyte memory and 8 stereo channels.

source: www.nintendoland.com
-Nothing to see here, move along!-

Offline Morax

• Show all replies
Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 01:22:27 PM »
@leirbag: I know what you mean, most Amiga games have been developed for Amiga 500's with only 512KB Chip Mem, which most of the time doesn't allow for high quality sound. Second of all, the SNES has 8 stereo sound channel while the Amiga has only 2 (stereo that is). But I have to admit, I never really played on a SNES, just looking at the facts :-)
But the Amiga HAS higher quality sound than the Megadrive (save for the lack of some of them due to the low amount of audio channels, and the bad pre-'89 ports)

By the way, I DO like the better-than-soundblaster-FM-sound of the Megadrive :-D
-Nothing to see here, move along!-