Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: is super street fighter 2 a good port?  (Read 8298 times)

Description:

Offline ptek

• Show all replies
Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« on: June 13, 2006, 03:35:23 PM »
I find the 'structure' of Workbench/AmigaOS being sadly overlooked... still all this years later everything feels so 'simple' and 'obvious', just look at the devices, Locale, DOSDRivers, Datatypes, Libraries... what the hell went wrong with the 'logic' and 'structure' of todays OS'es? Looking at Windows makes me cry, out of fear of what is to come next.

Yes, I totally agree with you.
But for a grotesque example, look at Linux crap file structure...

etc, usr, mnt, bah !

And Linux is free, but has it's cost : eats up all of your hard disk space installing *every* file from a dependency (even the source and docs!) and demands at least 1024x768. Of course it run even on 640x480, but the utilities available it assumes the 1024x768 as standard and requires resolutions like.

And hey, for those who think 640x480 is irrealist, that's the resolution i'm using now on my PC with winblowsXP at thsi moment, and only few utilites requires higher resolutions, so this is the resolution I use about 90% of the time.

Onions have layers ...

Offline ptek

• Show all replies
Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:56:53 PM »
It is messy compared to the amiga way, but i sure as hell think it beats the Windows way. Like for examle how /home=user dirs, /usr/bin being binary/executable files, /dev being the dir for devices and so on.. In windows everything is dumped into the windows or system dir.

Yes, your point of view is right. But I still find the Linux nomenclature not nice. Abbreviated names don't look friendly at all.

Why exactly do you use such low res?? Old monitor? I cannot use more than 800x600 on this old laptop i am typing on now, and it looks like hell on windowsxp in my opinion.

That's right, an old monitor and also a crap one : a Philips model. I also have some astigmatism, so that low resolution is more pleasant to my eyes.
Onions have layers ...