Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update  (Read 5367 times)

Description:

Offline Gulliver

@Iggy
Also whilst Video Toasters may have seen better use in the 90´s with analog video editing, there is still many other Amiga hardware & software combinations that can provide NLE capabilities, which seem more reasonable these days.

Just to name a few:

DPS TBC IV + DPS PAR (Necos)
Macrosystem Vlab Motion (Movieshop)
Digital Micronics/Applied Magic   Broadcaster (Producer)

As a matter of fact, I actively do my own videoediting stuff in a DraCo, wich is a specialized Amiga like workstation designed for NLE,  running AmigaOS.

Offline Gulliver

Quote from: Amiga_Nut;752123
I am very interested in video editing at the moment and also interested in the Amiga but given the absolutely insane prices people are asking for pee yellow coloured 4000/030 machines these days I can never see myself editing analog video using Amigas no matter how nice an experience it is.

The hardware is too difficult to find and the Toaster is NTSC only and Analog so useless for 2/3 of the planet pretty much now.

Digital editing is an awesome concept but sadly needs CPU muscle, something no Amiga can provide at a reasonable cost to make this feasible.

Yes my post has nothing to do with the article, but then the article has nothing news worthy to do with Amigas as no new hardware being key to its production is mentioned ;)

You can always have a PAL Video Toaster, you just need to use a transcoder just like the GVP TBC+ or The Progressive Image TBC. Or you can alternatively use non Amiga cheap generic ones you find on auction sites.

With a Zorro II 68030 Amiga and 8 MB of fastmem I was able to do NLE with a Toccata and a Vlab Motion. No need for a power horse.

I understand, and agree that Amiga prices are insanely high, but you can always get good prices if you buy them out of the Amiga community (we have lots of hoarders and quick buck fuc*ers in this community).