Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Socket 42 for Kickstart 3.9.1 (A500/A2000)  (Read 11342 times)

Description:

Offline Tron2k2

• Show all replies
    • http://www.pbronline.us
Re: Socket 42 for Kickstart 3.9.1 (A500/A2000)
« on: March 31, 2010, 04:03:59 AM »
Hmm, a piracy debate:

I seriously doubt Amiga inc., Cloanto, Haage or Hyp. cares if you resell the roms, most of the roms in circulation these days are pirated. I bought a 2.04/3.1 rom from UK, ity arrived w/ data wiped sticker. Put it in the Amiga, still worked, figured the seller tricked customs?

If MS wanted to fry the hundreds of pirates pirating their old OSes, they could, but they really don't do it because they don't sell those OSes anymore. If they cared, tehy still sell it.
#DMCA and copyrights suck!

@DC270- right on!

I find this whole piracy debate to be hillarious!  I got the impression that Joe T. was kidding in his post.  And if not...  Really?  Seriously, Joe?

From what I can tell, these guys are taking existing stuff and sticking it into a ROM and bunging it into their Amigas.  You bought  the Amiga.  You bought the updated OS.  If you wanted USB or IDE or etc., then you probably bought that hardware too.  And it probably came with some sort of drivers.  You paid, somehow or other, for all that software which you are now rearranging to your heart's content.  Good for you!

Unless you're selling it for a profit, what's the problem?