Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Several PPC cards on Amibench  (Read 33432 times)

Description:

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
Re: Several PPC cards on Amibench
« on: April 20, 2004, 08:33:55 PM »
I'm from Germany and I could try to help you, I could try to phone somebody (if you have an address and a full name) or ask in the German forums of amiga-news.de if somebody knows any of the persons involved.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 09:14:56 PM »
Okay, I read the whole thread now (phew...) and Lemmink gave me a few additional hints (thanks).

I don't think you've been scammed - some of you seem to be overly optimistic (and I'm saying it mildly ;-)) regarding shipping delays - at least not by Bernd Binder himself (the info Lemmink supplied would suggest that the guy is a reliable seller). If this is a scam, somebody probably abused Binder's reputation, but my personal theory is that the seller is simply ignoring you because he sent the stuff and doesn't want to deal with {bleep}loads of very nervous people :-P.

Lemmink supplied me with phone numbers for Bernd Binder that were printed in a newsletter released in December 2003. I'll start by calling these numbers later this evening - I hope their still valid.

In the meantime, you could supple me with all the info you have about all the persons involved (Bernd Binder, Roland Geiger, Tibor Toth - did I miss somebody?). I need the following details for each person (if available):

Full name
postal address
phone number

Please only supply info that was given to you by the guys in question, not stuff you investigated yourself.

Additionally, I need to know who recieved the money (Roland, Bernd or Tibor) and who promised to send the stuff (Bernd, it seems?).

If I reach Bernd, I'll ask him for the status of your cards. I tried to collect the information from this thread, but that's useless, as nobody seems to include his real name in his profile. Therefore, please let me know:

- your real name
- the product you ordered
- the amount you paid (preferably in EUR)

You can post the information here, send me a PM or email me (I prefer email over PM)

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 05:34:02 PM »
Sorry about the delay guys, I had a pretty strange week.

I just talked to Bernd Binder (using the phone number Lemmink supplied) - this is the guy that regular sells stuff on eBay and sends out newsletters to former customers (e.g. Lemmink) advertising stuff he currently has available.

He told me that:

- he knows AmiBench, but never sold anything there
- the only way he sold Amiga stuff recently was eBay
- he's not the guy you're trading with
- he's not reading amiga.org

He basically said that he's got no idea what I am talking about.

Personally, I would have expected the guy to be somewhat more suprised/upset/worried  if a guy from amiga-news.de phones him and tells him after a few minutes that "somebody must be abusing your reputation then - to cheat customers" (his answer was "seems so." and he didn't ask any further questions). But that's just IMHO - and perhaps he simply wants to keep me out of this.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 01:11:29 AM »
As somebody already mentioned, Germany is not a banana republic - you can't just phone the police and tell them: "hey this guy sucks, go beat him up".

Bernd Binder has not committed a federal crime (in this case, the German authorities would have to investigate on their own), so you'll have to file an official complaint (I don't know the correct english term, 'to denounce' maybe?) - this usually involves filling out lots of papers and proving your own identity with a passport. I doubt that 'filing a complaint' is possible by simply sending a letter...

The only option I can see (I'm far from being an expert in this regard) would be to hire a (German) lawyer.

He probably would send a few letters to the address mentioned in this thread and then (asssuming the recipient won't answer) he could contact the authorities on your behalf.

The problem is that the amount of money involved is not exactly huge (compared to a lawyer's salary...)...