Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED  (Read 31359 times)

Description:

Offline Wilse

Re: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED
« Reply #104 from previous page: October 31, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
Octamed SS, as a generally system friendly app already runs just fine on OS4 on the BlizzPPC. I also ran it fine on my A1XE (before it died), by using "The Marstrix" AHI redirection tool for faking a Maestro sound card which is one of the built in output options for mix mode.

Worth noting that on a graphics card, it works best on it's own 8-bit screen rather than just running it on a copy of the workbench screen mode.

Missed this at the time Karlos, apologies.

The last time I tried OSS on OS4/A1XE the MIDI was broken. I haven't tried it for over a year but I imagine this is still the case.
If someone could fix that, it would make it a much more attractive bit of software for OS4.

Offline Wilse

« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2020, 01:58:39 PM »
Just bumping this as I can't find any other thread.
Did this ever get anywhere?
Any new version released, in the works or even vaguely planned?
I've been out of the loop for about a year.

The following users thanked this post: duga

Offline Rob

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2020, 08:02:21 PM »
Porting to Power PC or adding significant new features would be quite a large undertaking and from what I understand nobody in the developer team wants to undertake that work at the moment.

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2020, 01:02:53 AM »
It can sometimes take a few years after A-Eon/Amigakit acquires software before new versions come out, but they eventually do. I waited a few years for anything to happen with ImageFX after they bought it, and it finally shipped this spring, and is quite good.