Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Graphic Advventure - Dying Game Genre?  (Read 3560 times)

Description:

Offline KermitoTopic starter

• Show all replies
Graphic Advventure - Dying Game Genre?
« on: March 25, 2003, 01:22:09 AM »
According to this article the graphic adventure genre is the top of the top ten on the list of game genres dying.  :-o

This makes me very sad because graphic adventure is my favorite genre of video games.  :-(

what do anyone else thinks?

To be honest the last instalment of Monkey Island wasn't a lot of a challenge. I think the first two (that I played on the miggy) were so much better.

Maybe it is easier to develop games that doesn't require actual thinking but more pushing buttons like a monkey.  :-x
- - -
Armakuni, The Last Ninja

• Show all replies
Re: Graphic Advventure - Dying Game Genre?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 01:19:00 AM »
I agree with most of the comments about the article being crap. The problems is that I haven't seen any new graphic adventure game in the way they used to be. I good that lucasarts is thinking in producing sequels, but what happen to sierra, revolution, etc???     :-?

I remember a lot of people in the amiga scene even producing utilities to make this kind of games. With hope, I might see development in this genre on the A1.

RPG and RTS I guess they are ok, but nothing compare to the hidden jokes on a good Gph Adv  :-P
- - -
Armakuni, The Last Ninja

• Show all replies
Re: Graphic Advventure - Dying Game Genre?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 01:16:11 AM »
It is probably true that the game industry is concentrating more in marketing that in the gameplay. For example, How many copies of WWF do you need to play a decent wrestle game? or for those who like soccer, do you really need each year to buy FIFA soccer? what about games derived from films? is spiderman any good? or Yet Another Star Wars game?

I would love to see a remake of classic C64 games like Project Fire Star or Caveman-Ughlympics...

Creativity is the thing missing from most of the recent games. I really admire the people from squaresoft that make those brilliant RPG in a low level hardware as some people think the PS2 is compared to PC like xbox, but I don't believe that a good game requires the latest state-of- art technology.

The success of the game industry is based in the consumer of crap games, rather than the quality of the games. Amiga developers used to have good crativity, until they jump to PC or consoles  :-(
- - -
Armakuni, The Last Ninja