Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: QNX and ADSL  (Read 3977 times)

Description:

QNX and ADSL
« on: October 18, 2002, 02:05:49 PM »
Has anyone been able to get QNX Neutrino online with ADSL?  I've looked around the net and tried a few suggestions posted on QNX boards, but I still can't connect.

Specifically, the ADSL I have is with Magma (similar to Sympatico) where your IP and settings are dynamic.

I am a newbie to QNX so maybe it's something simple I am missing.   Any help is appreciated!

Den

Offline jaokim

• Show only replies by jaokim
Re: QNX and ADSL
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2002, 03:09:08 PM »
Tried PPPoE (PPP over ethernet)? I dont know it PPPoE is included in QNX from start...
http://www.qnx.com/developer/docs/momentics_nc_docs/neutrino/sys_arch/tcpip.html#PPPOE
Might be helpful.
Dont know much about qnx either, but if it as simple as in linux, it should be no problems.

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2002, 09:20:51 AM »
I found 6.2 of qnx worked better with a dial up modem than 6.1 might be better to get that if you have 6.1 it seems to be improved . .not sure how to set up the adsl modem though. i have used qnx a little lack of software downloads was the only thing i have found with it. ;-)
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 04:28:02 AM »
Hi,

I am using PPPoE, and it is included with Neutrino 6.1.0.  I tried the command line version and get the same type of responses/errors depending on what parameters I give it:

* nothing happens (no output), but when I Ping a site, I get the error: no routing info available (ping ip number)

* the system gives an "unable to configure dhcp error"

* the system complains about the gateway 0.0.0.0 (which is what my isp told me to use)

Question:  what is a Service Name?  Qnx asks for this in the network configuration.

Offline DethKnight

• Show only replies by DethKnight
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2002, 07:12:08 AM »
@jaokim
but if it as simple as in linux...

no way, its far more like BSD,FreeBSD,NetBSD,Gentoo or Unix

It took me 4 hours to get my netcard installed so I could use my cablemodem to connect to the internet (all finally worked)
BUT then I made the huge mistake of rebooting....

On the brite side, QNX was smooth and swift and ran mozilla
wanted; NONfunctional A3K keyboard wanted