Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Os 3.1.4 Thread  (Read 245775 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: The Os 3.1.4 Thread
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »
I'll probably pick and chose from 3.1.4 components

so changing some libraries and careful use of the setpatch command should allow anything from 3.14 work perfect with an OS 3.9 install.
that, once assumed 3.1.4 kickstart come in a form that allows he regular user to cherry pick its components, which i doubt, because it would defeat its purpose, both conceptually and commercially.
people are able to manipulate the genuine kickstarts thanks to doobrey tools extracting and compiling in the particular modules, right. but this was a necessary hack, introduced years after they have been abandoned with no further support. if 3.1.4 was intended for the user to be recombined at will it would create support hell without limits.

speaking of dragging windows outside the screen, im wondering why is it so complicated. power windows did that, and very well (i have been using the hack for years). aros is doing it. hell, even os4 is able to do that.. well. that might have been a feature worth an update, while all of them, as far as i read, actually are already covered by hacks and patches.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 10:58:41 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 11:07:04 PM »
@thor
Even if Hyperion goes bankrupt, it surely does not affect the software on your system.

i think, what people are wondering about is, why invest so much work for a limited outcome (you call it a bugfix release yourself), one might not be able to build upon any further (due to contractual circumstances). see what (expectably) happened to p96 as example.
thats also probably what amigakit was pointing at. however this exactly is what you (understandably) do not want to discuss here, so consider it an off topic, alright.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »
is e-uae up to date at all? i thought it was dead? jason has years ago used its fork, puae and im certain it has been discussed why not to use fs-uae which uses updates and fixes from winuae. here probably are severe reasons backing up these choices. but reading about necessary fixes to probably an outdated emulator, makes me wonder if there aint more inaccuracies that otherwise has been fixes in the current releases.