Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Prisma Megamix Music Card Available On AmigaKit.com  (Read 12694 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Prisma Megamix Music Card Available On AmigaKit.com
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:47:11 AM »
Quote from: Matt_H;815874
Ooo, and quite cheap, too!

At 50 quid I'd have bought one straight away but 70-odd quid is too much for what it is.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 10:37:29 AM »
Quote from: Akiko;815890
I think the price is very reasonable, only sub 50 quid Zorro card I have ever seen was the  Kickflash - 1MB Rom card.

If it also had a 16bit DAC with an AHI driver I'd gladly pay more.

It's a cool device and I may get one in future but it's too expensive for an impulse purchase right now.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 10:21:00 PM »
Quote from: UberFreak;815904
"full 16-bit 48Khz audio"

This was acceptable 10+ years ago, but not today.
Most of the music I listen to in recent years (bought from online services) is 24bit/96Khz.

Which still doesn't sound as good as vinyl records on an SL1200 with Ortofon carts.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 04:23:49 PM »
Quote from: UberFreak;815937
Yep, but the SL1200 was not built for sound quality, way too rigid.
I had one but sold it the minute I heard a 70's era Thorens on my setup, simply no comparison (with same cartridge, of course).
More detail, more dynamic, lower noise-floor.

These days I'm using a Thorens TD125mk2 with an Ortofon SuperOM30 nude/fine-line stylus.

Very nice!

I sold my 1210's a long time ago sadly so I'm at the mercy of 24/96 FLAC rips I took of my vinyl collection and they nowhere near sound the same. :/

Offline nicholas

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 04:25:58 PM »
Quote from: UberFreak;815938
It all depends on the record company.
Generally, German & UK pressings from the late 70's and 80's are amazing, especially the 45rpm maxi-singles.
US pressings I found to be generally mediocre, but there are exceptions.

I had dubplates that sounded better than some pressings that came out of Chicago and Detroit in the 80's. Lol