Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Building Pegasos Superbundle!  (Read 5496 times)

Description:

Offline Targhan

• Show only replies by Targhan
    • http://www.geocities.com/targhan_aga
Re: Building Pegasos Superbundle!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2003, 08:26:27 AM »
Ack! I forgot to add the most important bit..

Recovery software

BackUp Software (Maybe a custom DMS + BurnIt)

Networking software

Regards,
Targhan

Offline bbrv

• Show only replies by bbrv
    • http://www.genesi-tech.com
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2003, 09:13:13 AM »
FYI Targhan, Michael Garlich of Titan is working on a MorphOS version of BurnIT (not to mention Papyrus and a new spreadsheet program!).

:-D

R&B

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2003, 10:01:30 AM »
targhan: i dont know about everyone else , but i am a loyal amiga user, i dont use a pc or a mac or a linux box...i use only amiga , i have had my times as an pc owner back when i was administrating a pc network at work, but when i quitted that work i trashed the pc and i started to love amiga again...yes i was an admin for 3 years and made my interests for computers almost die, but i am back and i have been that for 2 years now, i always kept my amigas ofcourse so i was using em alot,, but not for the stuff i used to do...making games, demos etc..

since 1999 i have tried to get 2 games out..., 1 failed last year due to finacial problems , and now it seems we just gave up another one.

since it is like this means i might have to move on to a better market if i wanna keep my team alive and together, so atm it seems we will skip the amiga area and just focus on step 2 which was and now is step 1 and thats GBA, step 3 is gc/ps2.

i will never leave the amiga , as i allready signed the deal for the games and it states there that i wont touch a pc/mac or linux while i develop or after it. (unless amiga dies)

yes i know i have an a1xe , but i havent installed linux on it....i am not joking...i just wanted the hw, and is waiting for the os.

i will get a pegasos II if its produced in enough quantities, my 2 closest neighbours have pegasos and they are ok, but have issues for now. (pegasos/mos)

it can only get better , and if it doesnt, then we atleast have the hw plattforms (pegasos and amiga1).

my only wish is to get a good enough market so that my publisher or the team actually would go back and consider the plattform again as a vital plattform to fund the projects.

but a mere 1500 hardware units sold wont even attract the smallest and lamest dev team, due to the sad numbers of sold sw out there ;( .
i am just hoping that both pegasos and amiga1 will sell alot more, and if it doesnt i hope that some kind of activity would help on that, ie a serious price drop to establish a market , like microsoft did with xbox, yes i know...they are big and have the money but there is always room for amiga as a plattform and most likely pegasos also, which has now atleast presented itself in the world as a computer.

sorry if i dragged anyone down in the pit now, but i had a few dreams....they are all gone, mostly because our first game (for ppc only) got freezed and now it seems our second one is also.

anyway back to this thread... , most wanted app must be lightwave 5.x ppc version , more important it doesnt need to be 5.5 or 5.6 but it would be nice tough, but 5.1 ppc and rTG (real) would seriously get alot of people onto the ship, that i gurantee, its as safe as the bank :)

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 03:48:17 PM »
@ lempkee

Sorry to hear about your games.

but a mere 1500 hardware units sold wont even attract the smallest and lamest dev team, due to the sad numbers of sold sw out there ;(

The future computers will come in many different shapes, not only in the shape of a "traditional" computer. And those "few" hardware units (Pegasos1) sold today was from the beginning targeted to developers (not mainstream users) to develop SW for future HW applications. Everyones hope is that those future devices will sell in much bigger quantaties than 1500 units. I believe that the Pegasos1 isn't the end goal (and thus it will not be correct to speak of a "mere 600 units userbase"), it's not even the beginning, it's the ground foundation on which to build the beginning and the future on.

OK, back On Topic.

How would you feel towards getting your two games into this software bundle? At least the software will be used and your efforts won't be completely in vain. And perhaps in the future when/if there will be a big commercial market (and your games are known) you could release a sequal to those games in a more traditional, commercial way...?

MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline bbrv

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2003, 05:10:45 PM »
@takemehomegrandma

1. Thanks for repeating the "one step to walk a mile" approach for the future of the Pegasos.  :-)

2. That a VERY constructive way to think!  What about it lempkee??!!  :-D

Raquel and Bill   :-)

Offline bbrv

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2003, 10:06:17 AM »
Just a quick note...

We have decided to present the SuperBundle and the Pegasos I G4 at the AmiWest Show.  We have a new Pegasos User in Sacramento and will also fly in a few more folks!  If the Pegasos II prototypes are ready we might even have one of thise there too...;-)

:-D

Raquel and Bill

Offline Targhan

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2003, 10:27:03 AM »
@BBRV

I'm glad you've taken steps to ask *us* what *we* want to see in a software bundle.  From what I can tell so far, everyone wants the kitchen sink too ;-)

Throw me down for a RealPlayer clone (that doesn't take over your system), a backup system, recovery software, and printed manuals (again!)

Regards,
Targhan

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2003, 10:39:03 AM »
yeah I agree entirely on printed manuals...that should be step number 1... step two however should be getting a good super-nintendo emulator on MorphOS so I can play Mario-Kart/Chrono Trigger/Super Mario RPG and alike without useing Linux or Windows :P

Offline Targhan

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2003, 07:45:15 PM »
Yes!  Chrono-Trigger!!

I would also like to find a hacked/language-changed version of "Star Ocean".

I think the most imporant part is to get the missing "standard" features, then drivers for various things.  Like, oh, usb modems.  
Regards,
Targhan

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2003, 08:42:12 PM »
Great Job as Usual BBRV!

The Superbundle is exciting. As is the showing at Amiwest! Will there be a release to the Beta2 site beforehand? What is the projected price point for exsiting MOS and Phoenix users? What ever happened to MOTION STUDIO?

Good luck

Here are some suggestions:

1. MOTION STUDIO or some kind of FireWire Video Edit program

2. Amithlon Tv/Studio VHI support for MPEG2/1 Tv-Video Capture boards

3. Support for SYMBIOS SCSI on compatability chart

4. NATIVE FILEMANAGER like DOPUS for MOS

5. MOS CD and MP3 Player

6. MOS DVD,Divx,Mpeg player (like FroggerNG)

7. WARP 3D Modules for Voodoo

8.Proper icon handling in AMbient

9. Clean Up and Leave out in Ambient

tons more...

tia
realize

bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2003, 09:21:45 PM »
There was a rumour that Electronic design were going to port their "AnDi" (AnologueDigital) edit card for *Pegasos & AmigaPPC* machines.

Dunno what happened there but E.D's website is no more ..................

Draw your own conclusions to that !!

btw... I'm an AvCardPRO & AnDi owner who would've loved to use either of these cards on our platform. (Best not say *Amiga* coz I mean both)
The Reluctant Pom

Offline bbrv

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2003, 06:39:50 AM »
Thanks realize...tell you what we know of greatest significance this early Sunday morning...

We will have a new version of Motion Studio for MorphOS.  It is being developed now.  We have been working on this for months.

Ambient will improve SIGNIFICANTLY soon.

We will have our own MorphOS DVD, MPEG, DIVX player included with MorphOS.  It is not Frogger (although we appreciate Elf/Sebastien very much).

Micheal Garlich is working on the MorphOS CD Player and BurnIT will be in the SuperBundle too.

We mention earlier somewhere that the 3D driver for the Voodoo3 is working.  Bigfoot/Mark is just bug fixing now.

All the TV stuff will work in time, but in the beginning we will have a couple of popular solutions and that will get us over the hump.

We will come back to you on the rest...;-)

Sincerely,

Raquel and Bill :-)

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2003, 10:00:50 AM »
Hey ... Good stuff.
The Reluctant Pom

Offline chipper701

• Show only replies by chipper701
    • http://home.earthlink.net/~cgh5541/
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2003, 10:33:31 AM »
Putting the word out.

Avault

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2003, 11:27:55 AM »
takemehome:  u wrote .. How would you feel towards getting your two games into this software bundle? At least the software will be used and your efforts won't be completely in vain. And perhaps in the future when/if there will be a big commercial market (and your games are known) you could release a sequal to those games in a more traditional, commercial way...?

...answer: as i have said before, we are a team and my team doesnt work for free... and thats why the projects froze or stopped, so asking e if we could bundle makes no sense at all as thats exactly the trap everyone will go into as beginners, and then 1 month after its released....allof a sudden the developerment team moved to pc and quitted amiga/pegasos.

a sequel u only do if it sells so good that you wont waste money on a sequel, never make plans for a sequel unless u can read time, 6 months after the game has been ssold u should say..ok we wont or we will make a sequel...
(thats why u have heard so many games sequels, that never came..and broke yaer head so many times :).. )

Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Targhan

« Reply #29 from previous page: April 28, 2003, 04:18:25 AM »
A lot of bases has been covered for what software we would all like included with a super-bundle.

I would get a kick out of software for driving a surround sound system, and a game or two that supports surround sound.

How about some USB/FireWire scanner drivers?  Simple scan to jpeg or scan to fax.  Fax software.  
Regards,
Targhan