Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Optional" circuits listed in the A1200 schematics  (Read 1276 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWBTopic starter

• Show all replies
"Optional" circuits listed in the A1200 schematics
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:43:29 AM »
Yes, I'm browsing schematics again.  This time I'm looking over the A1200 to find information on the clock port.  While doing this, I have found a couple of things that I question.

Firstly, there's the ever-told warning not to un/plug joysticks or mouse while the computer is powered on because of potential damage to the CIAs (8520.)  According to the schematics, these ports are not only intercepted by another TTL, but also seem to be converted into a data stream?

Second, optional Flash Memory?!  Could this be used to hold a working Kickstart image?

Then, the chance for a 68881 on the mobo?

And were any models made with on-board RTC (shown as optional in the schematics)?

I'm also digging up information on the 68HC05 used as the keyboard MPU.  This is a programmable unit which apparently contains ROM or some kind of programmable ROM (just downloaded the info from Freescale.)  That could be useful for some projects.  Is there any information on its existing program?

[EDIT] My mobo (can't see the version, I think it's 1D4) does not have a small clock port.  It does have a header on P9B, and just solder points for P9A, which are labeled in the schematics as "memory expansion."  Now, I seem to recognize the lower part of P9B as being a clock port; it has A2-5, D16-23, _reset, _iowr/rd, _rtc_cs (real time clock chip select, I assume,) _pwr_bad (interesting...) _spare_cs, and _int6.  Am I correct here?  Also, where does this expanded memory get mapped?

Offline LoadWBTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: "Optional" circuits listed in the A1200 schematics
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:31:32 AM »
rkauer wrote:
 C= never maded a single 1200 with FPU, nor RTC...

Figured as much.

The schematics are right, but do you want to mess with one 1200 mobo? Chances are you'll fry something...

Yes.