Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best dock for 3.1?  (Read 6555 times)

Description:

Offline Tempest

• Show all replies
Re: Best dock for 3.1?
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:38:25 PM »
Polynet is so much better than that horrible Amidock that comes with OS 3.9. I bought the MorphOS version years ago to use it on my MorphOS 1.x setup, I also got the 68k version for free with it which I used on my OS 3.9 setup. Luckily nowaydays is freely available on Aminet.

If you want a lean dock for OS 3.1 you could try ToolManager 2.1, it's the last version that doesn't use MUI. I use it on my OS 3.1 setups, you can also use it to put shortcuts in the Tools menu and assign keyboard shortcuts to applications. Version 3.x uses MUI.

You can see both docks in use here: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=598595&postcount=46

Offline Tempest

• Show all replies
Re: Best dock for 3.1?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:14:37 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;619485
There's 2 different programs called Amidock on the Amiga. I suspect this is where the confusion lays. The one that comes included with OS3.9 is soooo much better than the other one.

Confusion? I think not, Amidock from OS3.9 is an ugly piece of bloated crap.

ToolManager and Polynet are so much better and both provide a lot more options than Amidock. I have used both  (Polynet and ToolManager) on Amiga OS3.x and MorphOS. For OS3,1 (what I use now) I prefer the older ToolManager (2.1b) but ToolManager 3.1 has a much nicer MUI prefs program.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:59:06 AM by Tempest »