Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Could all the foreigners please "go back where they came from"?  (Read 2786 times)

Description:

Offline Blade

• Show all replies
jkirk:
Well if you mean WW, sorry no "only" (sorry no better term for that) WWII was caused by the germans,
WWI was "started" by Austro-Hungary, as an answer for the murder of Prince Ferdinand through serbian
nationalists, thus resulting in war declaration from Austro-Hungary against Serbia. Germany was alied
in the middle-axis and took part (after Russia entered in to help serbia),
this is where Germany entered the war, but they didn't start it.

However WWI differes in many ways from WWII, for example there never was a "real" guilty nation and
in the end Germany simply had "bad luck" (again sorry no better word for that). But old Europe back in
that time was a "tinderbox" (hope this expression works in english too ;)) with the middle axis on one side
and the triple entente on the other, and war was just "in the air" Ok, I could start an Essay now about relationships
between e.g. the british and german monarchy (Germany's emperor William II was a grandson to the british Queen Victoria)
or about a stupid emperor William II and some very stupid comments he made, about the Colonies and Germanys whish
to be on par with the rest of old europe, however I am a bit lazy to do that(and my english sucks to much too), and there are several historical sources
where you can inform yourself, also how Germany actually was treated at the end of WWI which as an result lead to
the dark Era of Nazi Germany.
Of course this will *never ever* excuse all the cruelty which happend during this time,
and this should *never ever* have happend (and for sure never ever *will* happen in the name of Germany) in the first place
and I thank God (ok, as an atheist i don't believe in such an higher beeing, but you get the idea) that I was born 30 Years
after WWII ended, however I just want to correct the missbelive (which is btw very common in Germany too) that *both* WW
where started by Germany. WWI was definetly more complicated then WWII (and probably the reason why WWI was never tought
as much as WWII in our history classes during school).

Offline Blade

• Show all replies
Re: Could all the foreigners please "go back where they came from"?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:31:34 AM »
Boot_WB:
The Wehrmacht invaded Poland in 1939, this is when WW2 begun so whats wrong with what I said?
But indeed I probably should have better used the word "started" instead of caused.