Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pictures of AmigaOne motherboard and statements from Alan Redhouse  (Read 7990 times)

Description:

Offline System

• Show all replies
    • http://amiga.org
Re: Pictures of AmigaOne motherboard and statements from Ala
« Reply #14 from previous page: February 09, 2003, 08:56:51 PM »
@ Kronos

Sometimes it makes sense to use something different. For instance Apple made the decision to develop a new webbrowser called Safari, instead of using more tested IE or Mozilla solutions. The result is already alot more satisfying.

Designers can learn from previous design flaws and bugs found in previous solutions, so to use earlier bad experiences to their own advantage by designing a better solution.

Offline System

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 11:51:57 AM »
@ Frodo

If this is a so bad solution, why so many industrials use it?

If Windows and IE are such bad solutions, why so many industrials use them?

Just because many companies or people use something, doesn't per se mean there aren't any better possible solutions thinkable. Why do you guys even bother working on MorphOS anyway then?

@ Jedi

always blind integrist the MikeB...

You can't come up with proper arguments, so you resort to childish name calling?

Offline System

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 02:59:46 PM »
@ Frodon

In that case your argument is stupid and not valid.

My argument is valid, just because something is used by many people or companies does not prove it is a better solution.

Apple and SUN are not M$, particularly Apple is well known to make good choices.

If we take Apple's solutions as the example you will see that Windows outnumbers Apple's solution 20 to 1. Is Windows for instance 20 times better than MacOS X? I don't think so. (Or i.e. Amiga vs MSDOS during the platform's heydays)

And to think that Apple has always been so good, do you think Apple's pre-X OS solutions were that good? I do not.

Anyway, yet again some MorphOS trolls transform a Amiga thread into a childish personal mud-slinging contest.

And for what? First and foremost the BIOS ROM is just for initializing hardware. IMO you guys are pulling this way out of perspective, how will you guys react when AmigaOS4 finally hits the market, with such out of proportion reactions even about a different BIOS ROM?

This will be all from me with regard to this thread...

P.S. PPCBoot was chosen to be a better solution for the AmigaOne project, that all I meant to say, not that the Pegasos is crap just because it uses something different.

Offline System

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2003, 08:57:51 AM »
To the Morph-OS  PPL in here:

I've followed many threads in the last few months regarding this stupid A1/MOS feud.
I was trying to learn something that will help me decide which one to buy.

I have made up my mind - based on a lot of subjects and data I found out - and decided on an A1.

But I will not go into the reasons to my decision, because clearly this is not the subject of this thread anymore.

I am disgusted by your behaviour and attitude.
Instead of arguing in a civilized manner, talking to the point, claiming your arguments and proving your case, you go into personal acusations and stupid name-calling.

And don't tell me it comes from both sides, because in all the time I've been reading these threads (like the strange announcment of Genesi guys about the April chip and all that) it's YOU who are acting like some Mad-Cows and instead of arguing, you just go into name-calling every time your arguments are proven wrong - just like you are doing here to MikeB.

Thank God I have good enough reasons to buy A1 - I sure wouldn't want to be a member of YOUR club.

I don't have an idea of who you are, or who MikeB is.
I live far-far away.
But seeing how these discussions are going, I like MikeB already (don't worry, Mike, I have agirlfriend... ;-)  )