Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IBrowse 2.5 released!  (Read 8611 times)

Description:

Offline 10MARC

Re: IBrowse 2.5 released!
« on: September 02, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »
I bought it last night and have been experimenting with it. I am pretty happy so far - it does a pretty good job and is fairly speedy.

One thing I noticed is that it works better with AmigaOS 3.1.4 and the new intuition.library. iBrowse 2.4 would give me graphics corruption if it was dragged off screen, 2.5 handles going off screen just fine. I plan on testing it for a week or so and then doing a proper review.

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 02:18:40 PM »
I keep getting a "IBrowseNetwork " crash anytime it tries to load a secure site, non secure sites load with no problem. I reinstalled AmiSSL still no joy. I'm running an A1200 with an ACA1221 card with 63 megs fastram. It also crashes if I just go into the network settings. Anyone have any ideas?

I have had issues with AmiSSL when just trying to install the newer versions that were corrected by starting with older versions and updating each one. Also, make sure you are not receiving errors when decompressing AmiSSL - it won't decompress with some gui based unarchiving utilities. I just use lha from a command line and then it works ok.

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 04:10:11 PM »
I have been enjoying the new iBrowse. I can get to quite a few sites that would not work under 2.4, but anything that uses certain types of encryption really slows down my machine. (At the time it was an A4000, 68060/80 Mhz. Now it is a 68040/40 Mhz with 114 MB of RAM)
I have dabbled with dialing down the encryption (cipher) settings and it does help, but many sites still cause the Amiga to slow the mouse to a crawl.
Anyone found a way around this?

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 06:37:08 AM »
If you can manage to proxy all secure network through a raspi doing all the SSL handling it should work better.

I suppose so - may as well just use my laptop for secure sites. I will stick to iBrowse for the things it is good at.

Offline 10MARC

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 01:27:18 AM »
I seem to remember hearing about a website that would dona similar thing - type your URL in there and it stripped  out the SSL... But I can't seem to find it now.