Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should we really crack IBrowse 2.4???  (Read 53244 times)

Description:

Offline TjLaZer

Re: Should we really crack IBrowse 2.4???
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:54:45 AM »
No need to mess with cracking iBrowse!  Just get a bootleg ibrowse keyfile!  I own the original iBrowse 2.1 and could not upgrade but I am fine with using a bootleg keyfile that I found with Google.

I am sorry if you have a problem with that!  But I could care less!  Why?  Because I am a paying customer that is entitled to the latest upgrade and cannot get it because it is not available any more!

I guess I should just junk my Amigas and just buy new PC's with Vista, it comes with IE7 for free....  :whack:
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
I bought iBrowse from ebay and the seller could not find the 2.1 keyfile, all I have is the older disks and a paper saying I can upgrade to 2.1, but the site is down.  I am not trying to BS anyone, I am entitled to version 2.4 and I now have it. I sleep well at night thank you.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »
Well I do think that the unavailability of iBrowse 2.4 has made more people want it.  Thats normal.  I had a chance to buy it during those infamous ~4 months but wanted to wait as I did not really have $50+ USD just laying around.  I thought that price was a little steep.  I did end up getting a boxed original copy of iBrowse 2.1 off ebay though.

Overall I think 2.4 is a solid product and an excellent upgrade.  I do hope they start to sell/support it again.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:52:30 AM »
This is how I see it.  I realize the situation, I read the thread on Amigaworld.net.  I guess Stephen is not avail.  And I see that iBrowse is still being developed further.  Then IMHO what they should do is offer a keyfile for iBrowse 2.4 to the Amiga Community (or at a minimum to people that had previous versions--like myself!)  That way they can take their time to sort all this out, get a distributor, locate Stephen, etc...  I know stuff happens and in this small market it will not be a fast process.  But this way there is no cracking going on, and no spreading of pirate keyfiles!!!

Just my two cents really!