Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for recommendations of a good ATX power supply for an Amiga 2000 ATX mod  (Read 83 times)

Description:

Offline Huxley_DTopic starter

• Check out The Retro Roadshow, my pop-up museum of vintage technology!
Hi all,

The PSU in my beloved (and heavily-upgraded) Amiga 2000 is clearly on the way out. As of now the machine will power up, but all I can get is the power LED pulsing from bright to dim over and over. It's done this before but usually "letting it warm up" for a few minutes in the pulsing-state would get it to fully boot up, but that's no longer the case. In the interest of making the system run better (especially with lots of cards and internal upgrades), I'm going to replace the tired old PSU with a modern one, using this kit which I've just ordered.

The kit page says that it will work with nearly any standard ATX power supply, but of course there's a lot of variations from brand to brand, model to model, and the only specific one they recommend doesn't seem to be available anymore.

If any of you have done an ATX mod on an Amiga 2000 and has a recommendation for a relatively decent power supply which is still available, I'd be very grateful!

Huxley

PS Obviously there are plenty of other things which can cause a vintage computer to fail. I don't know for certain that my issue will be resolved by a PSU swap, but I doubt it will hurt. If anyone has suggestions on other things I should be trying, I'm all ears!