Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: #@$%ing Windows...  (Read 3669 times)

Description:

Offline LoadWB

• Show all replies
Re: #@$%ing Windows...
« on: December 24, 2009, 09:43:05 PM »
Quote from: Matt_H;535036
I need to stop second-guessing myself.

Had an old FAT32 drive that I'd been meaning to back up for years. Finally got around to popping it into my external enclosure today, and decided not to hook it up to my Deneb. Instead, I hooked it up to an XP machine which promptly decided to corrupt the single most important directory on the drive. Brilliant.

So remember kids, if your Amiga can do something, it can do it better than Windows.

If you had hooked it up to your Amiga and it screwed up, would you have blamed it on FAT32 or the Amiga?  Seriously, I am sorry for your loss; I hate it when I lose data like that, and it's happened more than a few times in several file systems -- FFS, SFS, UFS, FAT12/16/32, NTFS, CBM DOS...

Anyway, to be even more serious, make sure your drive isn't going bad.  Yeah, it's been sitting around, but not being used doesn't mean a drive can't go or be bad.  I've seen plenty of them in my time -- about a dozen in the past two weeks alone.  You lost data already, but you could use more if you continue to use a bad drive.