Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey, hello!  (Read 6332 times)

Description:

Offline ltstanfo

• Show all replies
Powerpufffan,

Wishful thinking (unfortunately).  Back in the late 80's, the AMIGA was used by the US military.  I personally know about its use as a orbital mechanics simulator on an earlier version of the missile program that I work on.  Unfortunately, the AMIGA dissapeared from my program around 1990 because the software didn't keep up and the horsepower started to fall behind.  I have heard (but do not know for sure) that other programs used the AMIGA in varying capacities until the early 90's.  I have been told about a few other programs but I have never been able to verify that AMIGAs were actually used.

By today's standards of graphics and simulations, the classic AMIGA is (sadly) way behind.  Now before you go and mention the new generation of AMIGAs please keep in mind that they will have to be in widespread circulation and have a clear line of support before they can even be propsed for a government contract.

Oh yeah, in responce to the original post of this thread, my AMIGA is as follows:

C= A4000T (NOT ESCOM PRODUCED, motherboard #16)
Cyberstorm MK III '060
Cybervision PPC
128MB RAM
CD+RW
Multiface III
Video Toaster / Flyer
18GB HD (AMIGA use)
30GB HDs (Toaster use)

Regards,
Lee Stanford

powerpufffan wrote:
And here is an crazy idea! I looked up high end computers used for simulation and read about "Image Generators" (used in the miltary and flight simulation for airlines) and wondered can someone make an Amiga based Image Generator? What's your idea on this? :-D
Gee Brain... what do you want to do tonight?