Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Arix  (Read 18448 times)

Description:

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
Re: Arix
« on: November 10, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »
Not Found, Error 404

What is the difference between this and aros hosted? different name, wallpaper and slightly different set of out of the box applications?

They would need to do an awful lot of actual coding to get anything to be different or meaningful. AROS doesn't need another distro with different wallpapers... But thats just one man's opinion.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:12:23 AM »
All of this thread is just speculation till we see it working. I think phoenixconsole did amazing work with AEROS... Running linux, windows amiga 68k AND amiga ng applications all pretty integrated.

Perhaps this will be just as capable. We should wait and see before we all pass judgement.

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:23:57 PM »
I like the pretty picture :

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=582736921781510&set=a.582736911781511.1073741828.414578091930728&type=1&theater

All you haters and flamers back off.

AROS is a beautiful thing. Some ideas of ANNUBIS I thought were great...

The stuff phoenixconsole did with aros and linux as "aeros" were really awesome.

Give them a chance to get established before you so quickly pass judgement... If its good, I'll be the first to support them.

AROS is great but I can't use it for everyday os because of lack of modern browsing/lack of apps. Something like AEROS or this could fix that for me and many other amigans.

Thats all I want, I want to come "home" completely. Not to have an aros box next to my main rig thats cool to play around with but not ready yet.

AROS is wonderful but it  needs some major changes to be an everyday OS...

THIS COULD BE IT!

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 04:49:06 AM »
I recall the smp debates on linux also...

Some people may be right in that 68k and NG1 apps must be sandboxed going forward...

I don't really know, but I agree that the software base for NG1 apps is not so huge... so recompile them with a few changes to work, or sandbox them if necessary. 68k apps already run in emulator on aros so why not progress to NG2?

8 core machines are becoming more common. 12 and 16 core machines will be common soon enough. We can all sit with our heads in the sand and ignore all that power, or we can learn to use it...

I'd go for using it...

Offline haywirepc

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 06:02:28 AM »
I for one can't wait to see this. Every day use amiga machine here we come!

Using the linux drivers is brilliant. Should run on ANY pc...