Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED  (Read 32779 times)

Description:

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED
« on: February 17, 2015, 07:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Terminills;784626
And if I said the only way I will provide Finalwriter for aos4 is if aos4 users pay for both the development and then a copy how would I look?

Honestly, if you own the rights; do as you like. Noone should hold a grudge over it.
As it is, everyone intrested in the ORIGINAL version of FW will find it by searching the net.
Its been "dead" for years, just like AeonKits aquisitions, so I cant bring myself to villify someone trying to modernize anicent products.

That said; im sure you would make several people happy if you ported to all "Amiga" branches.

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 01:37:18 PM »
And if/when the FinalWriter for my A1200 is ready, I will most likely buy it :)

Dont get me wrong, I appriciate and would prefer software to span over all the "Amiga" platforms, but I wont hold anyones feet to the fire if they dont.
I dont feel entitled to use new versions of software I was acustomed to use back in the 90s.

I do understand, to a certain extent why they would want to focus on AOS4 versions, since they have a hardware platform they want to expand.
On the flipside; the more software titles they aquire, they could most likely benefit from drawing customers (and income) from all "camps".

So I see both sides of the argument for sure.

BUT, again, I see no need to hold it against them/anyone.

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:16:17 PM »
wawrzon, you talk like AeonKit owes you something, like we are entitled to any software they develop/upgrade/aquire and on every "amiga" platform....?

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 05:41:51 PM »
No.

I have no issue with people finding the PPC path inefficient and too expensive to justify for hobby habits, myself included, but I dont see why I should be sour about people/companies disagreeing with me.

If AeonKit wants to invest in xyz anicent program and even upgrading it, then why should I be negative about it? Atm Im completely indifferent to it, until they release a upgraded version. Until that happens I have Octamed Studiosound on my old A1200 working just fine.

The word that keeps coming back to me when reading posts on this forum is "entitlement".