Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ever pulled down a Workbench screen and it gets Stuck?  (Read 1612 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

Ever pulled down a Workbench screen and it gets Stuck?
« on: April 29, 2004, 10:52:58 PM »

I just discovered a new trick with Workbench. Sometimes I have a few programs open, and some times I pull down a screen to see whats behind...........like right now I pulled down the SCALA screen to look at Workbench...........but usually it gets stuck down there if you pull it too far............

I could never get out without quitting or rebooting

Well now I found a simple solution!  Hold the LeftAMIGA key and then while holding it, grab the screen you want to pull back up again and whalah!!! there she goes!
 This trick also lets you grab the screen from any spot as apposed to only the top grabbing it the regular way.

Im sure someone here probably knew that already, but I didnt.

I did know that holding LeftAMIGA and pressing "M" lets you flip through screens though....and very fast mind you.

CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Re: Ever pulled down a Workbench screen and it gets Stuck?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 11:15:14 PM »
The qualifier key you press to drag the screen is set in the IControl preferences IIRC.

Another trick is to enable autoscrolling for the screen. That way, when it's too far down, you simply roll your rat to the bottom and keep moving down and the screen itself slides back into view :-)
int p; // A

Offline leirbag28Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:23:38 PM »
I never knew that about the IControl...thanks

But I have autoscroll enabled.....the problem happens with scala.if you close workbench and every other screen and only run SCALA.......then if you pull it all the way down.it gets stuck..........it may be due to the Funky looking mouse pointer I created with a long tail.maybe thats part of the problem hhehe.
CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2004, 11:25:11 PM »

Karlos wrote:
you simply roll your rat to the bottom and keep moving down
But that makes him too dizzy to do anything else :-P

Did you also know that LAmiga+N brings WB to the front, without the need for cycling through many screens to find it :-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2004, 11:36:28 PM »

leirbag28 wrote:
it may be due to the Funky looking mouse pointer I created with a long tail.maybe thats part of the problem hhehe.

That shouldn't be a problem, the mouse selection point (I can't think of what else to call it) cannot move off the screen or be above the title bar (unless there's a screen behind it):-)

With any pointer if you move the screen down as far as you can (with no other open screen) the pointer will stay on the very bottom line of pixels and only be able to move left or right (without the autoscroll).  The pointer will be able to grab the screen and pull it back up again.

The problem may be due to a window being over the title bar, but then you wouldn't be able to drag the screen down in the first place.... unless the window doesn't cover the whole title bar that is.... but then you'd have to find the empty place where you can grab the bar again....

I think I'll stop right now before I make it sound even more complicated than it really is :-)
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2004, 11:46:53 PM »

Vincent wrote:

Karlos wrote:
you simply roll your rat to the bottom and keep moving down
But that makes him too dizzy to do anything else :-P

Did you also know that LAmiga+N brings WB to the front, without the need for cycling through many screens to find it :-)

Also a good tip. Left amiga M cycles through the screens sequentially.

Another left amiga pair of shortcuts are for "OK" and "Cancel" in standard requesters. I might have the order reversed, but left amiga V is the shortcut for "OK", left amiga B the shortcut for "Cancel". I think :-)

Screen dragging is something I miss since getting a gfx card. It's just one of those totally uniqe amiga things :-)
int p; // A