Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiStore/AmiSphere bug reports and feedback  (Read 5593 times)

Description:

Offline NinjaCyborgTopic starter

AmiStore/AmiSphere bug reports and feedback
« on: April 12, 2021, 11:36:30 PM »
Hoping someone somewhere is interested in bug reports for this shoddy half baked attempt at an app store.

• When downloading an installation file, it doesn't check that there's space in the target volume left, and if there isn't it will just keep downloading the file until it runs out of space. Then it will give you an error. Then it will try to unpack it anyway even though it knows the file is corrupt and it knows the filesystem is out of space. And since it defaults to being installed in the system drive, this is a great way to kill your system.
  • If you cancel the downloading of a file, it will still attempt to install the corrupt file, and then give you an error about the size and checksum not matching.
  • If you fail to download a file or cancel it, the next time you re-download the same file, it thinks the file size is now the new truncated file size, and stops downloading the whole thing when it gets to the truncated size, leaving you with the same corrupt file as before. The only way to fix this is to reboot, so probably the bug is in amisphereserver not in the the amistore app.
  • This is an Updater bug, but if you install the latest Radeon 3.7 driver with updater, the next time you run updater it can't parse the versions strings in the radeon driver and thinks you have version 0 installed and you can no longer update them if a newer version were to come along.
  • When changing the Downloads folder location, and it asks you if you want to copy the existing files to the new location, it also doesn't check there's actually space for them
  • The 'owned products' icon shows a little '1' badge on the icon telling me there's an update available, but when I open that view, there's nothing to indicate which item has an update or how to install it (I go to Updater I presume?)
  • All the requester button labels are in CAPITAL LETTERS FOR SOME REASON
  • One can 'subscribe' to notifications for apps that don't exist in the empty lines in your 'owned products' list. presumably this sends some garbage to the server
  • the login 'remember me' doesn't remember your username it only remembers the password so I still have to reenter my username each time, which ironically is harder to remember than the password because it's some random numbers assigned to me by the server
  • If I have a credit balance in my account, that credit is not used towards any purchases I make
  • If I pay with a credit card instead of Paypal, I don't get sent any email receipt
  • When I go to pay, a mysterious extra processing charge is added which is not mentioned in the basket total. After purchasing, this charge seems to be added to my credit balance, but I can't spent it

Other feedback that's not exactly bugs:
  • Since Paypal introduced One time passwords by SMS, Paypal no longer works with Odyssey, it will give you and error when it tries to send the OTP
  • Dark grey buttons on a black background is just stupid and unusable colour scheme. Yeah I know Trevor loves black icons.
  • I 'bought' Sentinel X logger but the download files are missing
  • The padlock icon for login/logout makes little sense - I know they're copying the 'admin mode' icon from Mac control panels but that's a different use case. Clicking a locked padlock icon to logout is counter intuitive, especially when the icon is so damn dark you can hardly see it anyway
  • Whoever decided to use Hollywood for this.... ughhhhh
  • The pull down menus use multi select menu items when they should be mutually exclusive mode menu items
  • Where is DVPlayer???
  • Most of the listings are missing descriptions, screenshots etc. Come on don't be so damned lazy. That's the easiest part to get right

The following users thanked this post: duga

Offline kolla

Re: AmiStore/AmiSphere bug reports and feedback
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 10:57:52 PM »
Careful there, you start looking like me, hehe  ;D
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2021, 11:08:22 PM »
Careful there, you start looking like me, hehe  ;D
Brown, furry, down on three legs and without a cool cape? ;D

Offline LiveForIt

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 09:22:02 PM »
@NinjaCyborg

Thanks for long error report, I felt like using this program was like throwing a dice.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 07:50:01 PM »
I missed the biggest bug of all. I own Enhancer 1.5 but I still got charged full price for Enhancer 2. No upgrade discount.

Any comment @amigakit ?

Offline duga

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 08:23:31 PM »
I missed the biggest bug of all. I own Enhancer 1.5 but I still got charged full price for Enhancer 2. No upgrade discount.

Any comment @amigakit ?

If you bought "Enhancer Software Graphics Update" then the upgrade is free. If not, you pay the full price. There is to my knowledge no "upgrade discount" for 1.5 owners.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 09:24:53 PM »
How can I tell... I had RadeonHD 2.4 before, now i have 3.7