Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NewAmiga project  (Read 8699 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: NewAmiga project
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:53:16 PM »
Quote from: som99;838555
Well Philippe Lang got green light from Amiga Inc to use the logo on the new A1200 cases, so might be the same route for these keyboards i guess.

And then, of course, the original Amiga logo. So we are working out a deal to use it.

With whom? (the question that will not be honestly answered by anyone)

licensed Kickstart Roms

From whom? (another question that will not be honestly answered by anyone)

Source

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:56:17 PM by number6 »

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 03:16:45 PM »
Quote from: Thomas Richter;838603
Funny. He probably could have asked his Gradma for tihs as well. Amiga Inc sold already "every Amiga copyright in the universe" to Cloanto.

Hmm. Maybe I should ask Amiga whether they sell me all their stuff again... (-; They seem to have a track record for causing problems for their "clients".
So, this sounds at least pretty fishy to me.

Just for practical matters: Manufacturing a keyboard with a custom key layout is probably going to cost a bit. It is not that you can print this with your average 3D printer. It needs a custom membrane, just to name one issue.

Oh well, I^m not going to hold my breath for this to appear.

Not that it matters, but for purposes of a timeline, the licensing to Philippe Lang was about 3 years ago:
This occurred shortly after USPTO reminded Amiga Inc.:
USPTO Now Issuing Courtesy Email Reminders of Registration Maintenance Filing Deadlines

The Amiga Inc. trademark was officially cancelled November 29, 2017.

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
@thread

we have momentarily removed content presenting the hardware side of the project. As we do not hold any licenses to use the Amiga name or mark we do not wish to create any confusion or use it in what may be seen as marketing of an actual product. We will be working hard to get the licenses we need in order to realize the full potential of the project

etc.

I'm guessing no Rom licenses either...