Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Morphix .36 ISO's released  (Read 2173 times)

Description:

Morphix .36 ISO's released
« on: May 16, 2003, 11:03:52 PM »
Latest Morphix is on the OSDN sourceforge mirror, it's not officially released so it's not on the other mirrors yet, but you can get your favourite flavour of Morphix here.

I recommend http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/morphix/MorphixCombined-HeavyGUI-0.3-6.iso.

Remember to apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade once you've installed it. :-D

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: Morphix .36 ISO's released
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 11:22:11 PM »
What is that?

-edit, never mind thought it was to do with MorphOS but it is a linux cd.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 11:34:59 PM »

Paul_Gadd wrote:
What is that?

-edit, never mind thought it was to do with MorphOS but it is a linux cd.

Download it, burn it and boot it Paul.

You will be impressed.

Offline DethKnight

• Show only replies by DethKnight
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 01:39:29 AM »
Download it, burn it and boot it Paul.
You will be impressed.

and do it before SCO makes it illegal

(refer to SCO lawsuit)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/30734.html

wanted; NONfunctional A3K keyboard wanted

Offline Jope

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 07:17:22 AM »
and do it before SCO makes it illegal

Heh, SCO don't really have a chance..

They themselves have at one point distributed the Linux kernel, and
that means that now (because of the GPL) the code is Free of corporate
clutches.

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 11:51:10 AM »
I will download this new version the other morphix i downloaded would only find the geoforce 2 in my 2nd machine.on my main pc it did not run the nvidia drivers i have a geoforce ti4200 in this .That gentoo ut2003 link you gave in another post is amazing its been updated with drivers that cater for the new geoforce fx cards i tried this on my main pc and it found the ti 4200 and runs ever so fast and with my ntl modem connect to the ethernet i could play the game  online with no hassle .just goes to show why linux is one of the best operating systems no wonder microshaft are scared. :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

@Paul_Gadd

its the best linux distro ive ever tried. :-D
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline jeffimix

• Show only replies by jeffimix
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2003, 06:21:28 AM »
/me wonders about that SCO, any one could've put code in there, even M$ with stolen SCO code for all I know.

Besides, Linux is built to be so incredibly like Linux, of course code will eb the same all over the place, not in large strings or huge percentages, but I'm sure theres a level of smiliarity to be counted on. I have Dragon Linux on my basement PC, gonna get it a GUI eventually...
\\"The only benchmarks that matter is my impression of the system while using the apps I use. Everything else is opinion.\\" - FooGoo

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 12:56:58 PM »

amigamad wrote:
I will download this new version the other morphix i downloaded would only find the geoforce 2 in my 2nd machine.on my main pc it did not run the nvidia drivers i have a geoforce ti4200 in this .That gentoo ut2003 link you gave in another post is amazing its been updated with drivers that cater for the new geoforce fx cards i tried this on my main pc and it found the ti 4200 and runs ever so fast and with my ntl modem connect to the ethernet i could play the game  online with no hassle .just goes to show why linux is one of the best operating systems no wonder microshaft are scared. :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D  :-D

@Paul_Gadd

its better than morph os will ever be this is a real os.

Try this iso for a bootable Americas Army HW accelerated Gentoo Linux.  Full version of the game too.  It's great, works better than the windows version does on my PC.

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 04:08:53 PM »
if someone used the sco unix code, it was SCO themself that did a mistake and released some their code with their linux distrubiton.. which means.... the code is now open...

Since they are a dying company, they will take the rest with them.... SCO is evil..

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 04:21:33 PM »

Tomas wrote:
if someone used the sco unix code, it was SCO themself that did a mistake and released some their code with their linux distrubiton.. which means.... the code is now open...

Since they are a dying company, they will take the rest with them.... SCO is evil..

Not neccessarily true.  Anyone with a UNIX licence such as Sun, IBM, HP, DEC, Microsoft has access to the SCO code.  And SCO Linux was formerly Caldera Linux, a long time before they bought SCO and renamed it.

If there is no SCO code used, just IP (Ideas, patents etc) and SCO win the case, I feel nervous for MorphOS.  No Amiga code is used in MorphOS, but if SCO win, it will set a precedent, and the scummy AInc may have a chance in court.  Also, by similarity, WINE and the various BeOS clones and AROS could have a problem too if SCO wins.

Lets hope they don't, for all our sakes.

Offline amigamad

• Show only replies by amigamad
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2003, 08:24:28 PM »
Thanks for the americas army  link that is the next thing i will download. :-P
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com