Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Natami 3D-artist Interview  (Read 9989 times)

Description:

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
Re: Natami 3D-artist Interview
« on: December 16, 2009, 06:23:05 AM »
I think the fanboy at the Natami site (I won't name any names) tweaked Piru some time ago and was spouting off about hardware things he did not have experience with, or direct knowledge of, making unrealistic claims and Piru had to set him straight on several points of fact about hardware & software design and the Amiga compatibility that Natami is trying to keep while they improve on what the Classic Amiga is/was.  Of course only Piru can explain his need to chime in on almost every Natami related thread with his assertions that it is never going to see the light of day as a working product (or what ever he is actually trying to make a point of).

I love the idea of Natami's goals and what they are trying to do and really hope they can pull it off somehow and still keep 100% (well not really that much, how about 80%) backward compatibility with the Classic Amiga AGA models and as much as possible or practical backward compatibility with OCS and ECS Amigas too.

Until I ran the Amiga Game Competition at the 2009 AmiWest Show this last October I had forgotten how much software (mostly games) got broken when Commodore went from AmigaOS1.3 to 2.0 and beyond.  I guess the most compatible Amiga of all really is WinUAE!

So, although I am really enjoying my MorphOS2.4 on 1.5GHz G4 MacMini, I am also cheering on the Natami team and hoping they succeed, even if they do not hit all of their design goals.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)