Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Natami 3D-artist Interview  (Read 9952 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
Re: Natami 3D-artist Interview
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:14:40 AM »
Quote from: Piru;533981
If everything goes according to script, by now the Natami HW guy has found out that the proto boards are actually unusable and everything must be redone from scratch. The quiet from the HW guy will be explained by Gunnar with "he's just busy working", until yet another proto board will be announced, sometime in late 2011. By then the CPU design has been upgraded to 68090 with 300-bit FPU, the UltraAGA chipset has 256-bit-per-gun colors and 33-bit screen modes. Paula has been upgraded to 512 simultaneous Dolby Surround(TM)(R) channels.

Meanwhile, even more 3d engine mockup pictures appear.

Or maybe the board will be ready for sale by summer 2010!111

Yeah, but who cares?  Maybe it will never work so what?  I mean it's basically a website of a couple of guys showing "their" work on "their" hobby.  I don't see this as any different then if you were a snowboarder Piru and you posted Youtube vids of new tricks you were trying to create in the snowboard scene.  Who cares if you never get your trick to work?  It's your hobby and you're having fun.

What I don't like is "companies" saying they are working on hardware and they will release it at the end of 2008 or whatever, then show DPaint IV crap drawings of a mock up?  WTF?

Or people saying they will announce themselves as the new owners of something like a website and then basically lying/changing their mind.

The Natami guys have never posted saying they have a release date or even promised the project will ever finish.  They never lied and posted fake pictures or broke promises about anything.  They are having fun with electronics and posting pictures of that fun.
A3000D (16mhz, 2MB Chip, 4MB Fast, SCSI (300+MB), SuperGen Genlock, Kick 3.1)
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 05:25:26 AM »
Also, let us not forget a similar situation...
http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19361&highlight=minimig+dennis&page=1

It's amazing to me after the first 3 pages of people saying Minimig was a hoax and basically calling Dennis a fraud that he continued to post here and actually continued his work.
Back in my day, we didn\'t have water. We only had Oxygen and Hydrogen, and we\'d just have to shove them together.

Offline AmigaHeretic

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »
Quote from: Fanscale;534133
I think the BoXer developer got bogged down reverse engineering the chipset. That was a shame because it looked we would have an affordable A4000 with PCI support. Unfortunately it helped divide and demoralise the community with more vaporware.
If they have the chipset done, there is no reason this thing isn't ready to roll. The only thing left is price and whether or not I will have to source a 68060 to run it.

But the boxer is a good example of what I am talking about.  Boxer was being presented by a "company" they were doing advertising for it an taking a pre orders in the amount of $1495.  $300 off what was suppose to be the regular price.

So what if Natami guys have feature creep and so what if it never gets done?   They aren't asking for your money they aren't themselves saying it will ever be "finished".  It's a hobby project and they are asking nothing from us.  

Hence I don't see the need to belittle them in every thread that comes up about Natami.

Making fun of ACK Controls and Amiga Inc on the other hand is always welcome!! ;-)