Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New AmigaOne information  (Read 7807 times)

Description:

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: New AmigaOne information
« on: February 25, 2002, 10:23:21 PM »
Seems like it!! Finally things are comming together and the 'community' is getting excited. I think sales of the AmigaOne and OS4.0 are going to be better than expected, probably much better than expected. I don't expect them to sell millions initially, but ALOT more than the couple dozen that the doomsayers(emulator users) were projecting.

It's funny, wasn't this what Petro announced ~6 years ago? A new computer w/PPC chip and OS4.0 to be PPC based? Then of course we know how many companies screwed it up wanting to go in other directions that the community balked at. Funny how this has come full circle, a little late... VERY late... But the Amiga is still alive and this may do it... Get some users back.. Aaaah..

Jim
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show all replies
Re: New AmigaOne information
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2002, 02:41:10 PM »
"FWIW, A4000 desktop w/CS MKII 060. Not thrilled about the idea of being forced to upgrade it to PPC either."

You are kidding right? I have a A3k with MK-II 060/66 also and the only reason I havn't upgraded to PPC yet is the CS-PPC is far too expensive and far too unreliable. The 68K series cpu had it's last update with the 060 and that was a LONG LONG time ago. As much as I love my mk-II the speed is simply far too slow for modern computing. You wouldn't really rather try to stay with 060 would you? The AmigaOne will give you a complete new MB with at least 3X the performance of the CS-PPC for half the price.

I'd order one now if it was for sale.

:-D
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!