Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who would like to see more games on the amiga  (Read 3836 times)

Description:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
Re: Who would like to see more games on the amiga
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:28:17 AM »
I think I would rather just see more Amiga-style games.

The nice high res 2D stuff.

You cant get the atmosphere of Shadow of the Beast in 3D.
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:16:04 AM »
Quote from: Cammy;510272
Everyone wants new games for their Amigas but no one wants to actually make them. Games don't just make themselves, and you're dreaming if you think big developers are going to make new games or port modern games to Amiga.

The closest we will see to that is Amiga-esque games on the 360, Wii and PS3 in the online shop.

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:29:28 PM »
Quote from: LoBai;510312
I'm new to the Amiga but I know that new classic games are being created by users and such for classic consoles like the Vectrex etc... I have actually bought these carts and played them. I'm such a sad case:( lol

LoBai

you're not a sad case!

I am only 21 and I program on Commodore 64s and stuff for fun, and buy homebrew stuff.

Quote from: save2600;510196
I agree. When I first caught the subject heading of this thread, I thought it would be nice if there were more ports of classic gaming to Amiga. Getting back into the 8-bit stuff (which I believe are some of the best games ever), I'd love to see Amiga ports of:

Montezuma's Revenge
Pinball Construction Set (EA was supposed to release this)
Conan
Miner 2049'er
Star League Baseball

...and any other 2D game that relied more on its gameplay than useless fancy visuals. I swear too that often times, the gameplay on 8-bit (Atari and Commodore) seems tighter. More playable and snappier somehow. There was an evolution of sorts going on (not as drastic as the N64 3D debacle) back in the late 80's/early 90's that left a bad taste in my mouth computer gaming wise. Sure, the Amiga has a lot of great games, but not enough of the older type classics as listed above. And the few decent ports that have been made (Donkey Kong comes to mind) lack in gameplay and feel. Guess that's why we need to keep our 8-bits around! lol

I am entertaining the idea of porting my PC Engine game to the Amiga when completed (Its a clone of Berzerk), but I'd first need to locate the proper Amiga libraries and stuff.  Im a total Amiga n00b, but if there are some C game libraries for the Amiga, it might be doable!

I could even put together MOD versions of the PSG music.

Im getting C programming setup on the AmiKit I setup.  I have an environment .hdf but id like to get GCC/stuff working in AmiKit instead of booting into a separate environment.

I think keeping games true to the system itself is alot cooler than back-porting newer games just to see...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 03:32:53 PM by Arkhan »

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;510839
I guess you mean Halloween Nightmare? The story, characters, level design and graphics are all coming along nicely, unfortunately we still haven't found someone to code the main game engine and can't afford to pay the composer we want to do the music for the game. It will be a great game when it's finished, but we either need more people helping out or donations to get it going faster. I've been thinking of selling my old games consoles and a few comic book collections to gather some funds to put towards paying a coder or composer. It's hard when everyone on our team is unemployed :(

And even if we don't sell many copies, we're still going to keep making more Amiga games. We're in it for the long run!

what old game consoles are we talkin about here? :afro:

Offline Arkhan

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
Quote from: Cammy;510876
PAL ones, sorry. I have a few Sega Master Systems, Mega Drives, NES and SNESs, and a fair collection of games for them. I really don't want to part with them all, but some of it can be sold, and I have no other way of earning money at the moment.

I have several PAL NES games like the Super Mario Bros, Zelda and Mega Man games, and a Boxing Game & Watch to sell too.

oh... i have all that stuff >_< NTSC-style.