Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The First Warp3D Based Amiga diskmag is born !  (Read 3035 times)

Description:

Offline kas1eTopic starter

The First Warp3D Based Amiga diskmag is born !
« on: September 24, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »
The First Warp3D Based Amiga diskmag is born !

- True color 24bit graphics
   - AHI mixing
   - System friendly
   - Runs well on a mere a1200 with 040/25mhz
   - Amiga scene and coding related articles
   - MorphOS, AOS3, AOS4, WinUAE support

Min. system req:

A1200 with a 040/25mhz and any GFX board that supports Warp3D.

official site:    http://vague.lorraine-design.com/
warp3d binary:    http://vague.lorraine-design.com/the_vague_1.lha
winuae hardfile:  http://vague.lorraine-design.com/the_vague_1_hardfile.zip
html version:     http://vague.lorraine-design.com/the_vague_1.html
some videos:      http://vague.lorraine-design.com/video_gallery.html

Enjoy !

Re: The First Warp3D Based Amiga diskmag is born !
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:03:40 PM »
Thanks to all for good words :)

@Cass
I not have any tests on CV-3D, in fact, that i do not have any friends with it, or anyone who want to help me with support it. Personally i am in interest to support all w3d amiga cards, and, if you want and can, we can make fix for it. But need some time from you of course ;)

For first, you can try to choice in preference window:

or mos/aos4
or bvision/cvision
or winaue.

If for all of this will be 'grey' screen, then, try to test your w3d installation by 'warpdemo' from warp3d archive. If all is ok with it, then, problem with diskmag, and need to create a fix. If, warptest do not works for you, then,problem with bad warp3d setup.

@TNovosel
yes, we not have plans to broke 68k support. It was for first, and will have support for second issue. We also think about creating system engine, for plain 640x480x256cols, but here is a lot of works/thinks and so on, and dunno will it, or not.

@Piru
i think TNovosel said somethink 'thanks for 68k support, will be good if you will support it for upcoming issues also'. Or it is not what hi mean?:)

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 02:47:18 PM »
@TNovosel
i am as coder of this stuff use 68k amigas for coding and tests, so, for me, support of 68k amigas is must :)

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:49:04 AM »
@cass, yep, very possible that 4mb it's not enought. Becouse most pictures are 640x480x2 bytes, then :

1. logo - 614.400
2. main engine pict - 614.400
3. 4 sprites for menu (size 180x380x2) = 547.200
4. 2 sprite with menu buttons (256x64x2) = 65.536
5. 5 sprites for option (size 256x256x2) = 655.360
6. 2 big sprites for scene/codging corners (size 512x384x2) = 786.432
7. little sprites like: article's sprite, downpanenl buttons and so on.

In end we have, that only for full and smooth work of engine itself (without articles) need somethink  about 3.5mb of video memory.

IF you have 4 only, i assume you also have WB mode somethink kind of 640x480x16 minimum, or 1024x768 :) Then, after you run engine, you already fill all of your memory, and, for articles you have nothink. In this case articles loaded to the system ram, and it's of course very slowly.

What about aos3 b(c) vision, yep, i think it's only one which must be works for you. What about AHI, ahi mode only usable on 060, or maybe on 040, with 11khz. For slow cpu PAULA is only choice.

Where i can found you for little tests ?:)

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 08:32:38 AM »
yssing, thanks. which config do you have btw?

What about code, code of course big lame-mess, in this fact i can't show it, but i think i will cleanup it a bit, and put on aminet after all, for avoid some day some hdd crash and loose all work. At this moment i can talk only about structure parts, if you interest:

Mag written on plain C with some parts of inline 68k asm (like memcpy functions) (in case with 68k vesion). Size of all sources (without data files) 450kb. Main source (mag.c) - 172kb of size and other 278k it's headers.

Into mag.c one big mess function GetInput(). Which catch buttons/mouse move/mouse pressing/unpressing and so on via IDCMP_RAWKEY.

Into headers mostly fucntions is for sprite loading to the buffers, and for uploading it to textures.
2 hard fucntion after all in headers, it's 'render text'. Becouse i get text from txt file, compare every letter by size, and draw it into texture. So here is texture calculateing, tons of memcpy, compares and and so on. And fucntion for plaing modules over ahi was pretty hard too for me, by Itix help me enought with it.

All of this i compile in end by VBCC, but, on testing stage all work is done by SASC, in fact of fast compilation if compare it witt VBCC.

For music i use ptplay.library by Itix, which is compiled by him for 68k/morphos, and the same library which recompiled by Fredrik Wikstorm for os4 (there is was some problems, and original one is crashes under latest updates, so it take some time to recompile and so on). For paula plaing - old ptreplay.library

If you in interest to know somethink else, we can talk about it of course.