Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS 2.4 for Mac Mini Released  (Read 34463 times)

Description:

Offline little

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS 2.4 for Mac Mini Released
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:59:11 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;525806
Watch now the prices of mac mini's on ebay will skyrocket I bet!

... and watch them sink like rocks when the next version is announced with support for eMacs and IBooks. Besides, you probably subestimate the number of Amiga fans that moved to the mac camp years ago, I bet many have a spare mac mini collecting some dust somewhere in their house.

Offline little

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:31:30 AM »
Quote from: kedawa;525887
I hope they do a G3 release at some point.  I find G3 iMacs on the curb on a weekly basis, and they have ATI GPUs.

I am not a spokeperson for the MorphOS develpopment team, but IMO adding support G3 hardware would be detrimental for MorphOS since many people will find it's performance lacking and would blame MorphOS when the truth is that there is a limit of what you can do with old hardware.

Offline little

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 06:13:08 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;525910
I think we need more native software more than we need more or faster hardware.  Just my opinion.

Truth be said, new hardware was required, the kind you can buy with a good price/performance ratio, which sadly Efika never was. Agreed, the mac mini is not really new hardware, but it does has a very nice price/performance ratio and you can easily/cheaply get upgrades for it. If enough people (ex-amiga owners, techies and whatnot) jump into the MorphOS bandwagon then maybe (just maybe) there might be new applications, be it open or closed source but there will be no new software if the number of users does nor increase