Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Light Guns  (Read 2556 times)

Description:

Offline monkian_2k

• Show all replies
    • http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/monkian_2000/index.html
Re: Light Guns
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:59:10 PM »
Hi,

I would be very interested in contributing to the game.
What language are you thinking about using?
I've wondered about Master System light guns working on the Amiga before but couldn't find any info anywhere. I cant imagine they are that different.

Have you found out how to actually read the position hit by the gun? library call or simple algoritm?
I managed to find some info on the theory behind getting the target. (a couple of methods)
If only one gun is available then mouse support would be neccesary; as an option for both players.

Anyway, food for thought.

PS. What was that Zombie shooter game, it was an arcade conversion. like Operation Wolf, scrolling up stairs and everytwhere with great graphics.
ZOMBIES RULE!!!! :-o

EDIT
My trojan pack arrived today and I've just had a go on skeet shoot; and it's written in AMOS which was what I was hoping; reading the gun should be easy.

Offline monkian_2k

• Show all replies
    • http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/monkian_2000/index.html
Re: Light Guns
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 05:20:35 PM »
Yeah BeastBusters; fantastic!!

A query about emulators = do emulators emulate the light gun chip or would that feature need to be added?
TBH I didn't know there was hardware to take care of the guns; just assumed it was all software. If it was all handled by software then having two (or more) guns would be simple to implement. Would this be possible? I mean to write the software to use two guns?

PS. Anyone know why you have to calibrate the Amiga phazer before playing when the SMS one worked straight away.

Oh Man, I might have to unpack my SMS and have a go on Gangster Town and Wanted.