Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Enhancer Software 2.2 Released  (Read 6692 times)

Description:

Offline amigakitTopic starter

Enhancer Software 2.2 Released
« on: August 09, 2022, 11:38:06 PM »

9th August 2022
A-EON Technology Ltd is pleased to celebrate six years of the  Enhancer Software.  by releasing version 2.2

The new update is available to all existing Version 2 users as a free download from the Updater tool.  It is also available to purchase for new customers as a boxed CD from Amiga Kit, selected dealers and digitally from AMIStore App Store.

Version 2.2 is the cumulation of ten months hard work by the Amiga Developer Team adding new functionality and features to the previous version.

This release represents the most advanced and polished edition of the software.  Thanks to user feedback and developer diligence, we have increased the software quality, features and functionality to even higher levels.

What is the Enhancer Software ?

The Enhancer Software adds to or replaces system components in OS4.1 to provide it with a lot more functionality: from essential 2D video drivers to a modern 3D graphics sub-system, more advanced utilities, tools, classes and gadgets.   Over the last six years the package has become increasingly important for users.   

Crucially the Enhancer Software code base is independent so can evolve and be released regularly with the Amiga Developer Team working steadfastly on improving the package.  It is not held up or constrained by any hiatus in OS4.1 development.

What is new in release 2.2 ?

Looking to the future a major evolution of the Enhancer Software will be Release V54.  Behind the scenes it has been in concurrent development with this release so several V54 advanced components have made their debut early by being included in release 2.2.

* Warp3D Nova V54 now replaces it's predecessor, V1.85.  This major upgrade represents an extra years worth of development offering major new functionality, speed improvements and fixes.  It is an essential requirement for many new 3D game ports with full shader support (such as Doom3). Support also added for the soon to be released NovaBridge.

* OpenGL ES Library has updated to Version 3.3 with many parts being rewritten and optimised. which is also mandatory for new 3D applications such as SCUMMVM, SDL2 and GL4ES.

* RadeonRX 2D video driver now updated with the major feature of GART support providing extra 3D performance.  Many additional optimisations.

* Video Acceleration Library further upgraded

* AmiDVD has been fixed for current Kernel

* ListViewer Gadget now has Tree view support and many fixes and optimisations

* Archiver now uses our new ListViewer Tree nodes and animated tab feature   

* MultiEdit and MultiViewer now support draggable project tabs provided by the new Tabbed Gadget

* Datatypes V54 system has been upgraded

* Other Utilities have also had updates:
  Calendar, Clock, InfoWindow, TuneNet, X-Dock

* Commodities updates for InfoWB & Exchanger

* Preferences have had updates:
  Datatypes Prefs, Notifications Prefs,
  Power Prefs, Sound Prefs, Time Prefs.

* Commands have had several internal updates:
  AddDatatypes, Assign, Copy, Dir, List, MakeDir, Version

* Translations updated: Polish, Danish, Italian, Spanish

Please click Read More for the full list of changes and screen shots

Special Thanks

The package has been the result of a small dedicated team who have committed great efforts to this body of work. A-EON would like to thank the developers, beta testers and translators for their significant contributions.

www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: klx300r

Offline redfox

• Show only replies by redfox
Re: Enhancer Software 2.2 Released
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 09:43:42 PM »
Ordered Enhancer Software 2.2  from AmigaKit website.

Thanks,
redfox

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
Thank you, the serial number is in your order history. You can register and download now from the Amisphere.com website.

Offline redfox

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 06:16:46 PM »
@amigakit

RE:  order number 72686

I purchased Enhancer Software release 2.2 and my receipt agrees.

However, the serial number given to me appears to be for a different product.

When I registered this new serial number, it registered as Enhancer Software Special Edition v1.5 instead of Enhancer Software release 2.2.

Now AmiStore and Updater show that I now have two Enhancer Software Special Edition v1.5 packages,
the Enhancer Software Special Edition v1.5 software package that I purchased in 2019,
and the new software package which I registered today.

I have also sent an email to support.

---
redfox
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 02:42:33 PM by redfox »

Offline redfox

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 11:53:22 PM »
@amigakit

Thanks for helping me via emails.  Enhancer Software release 2.2 successfully registered and downloaded.

Successfully installed as much as I need right now.  Will let my system soak for awhile before I install more.

Burned a backup of my SYS: partition with AmiDVD.

This is my backup disc for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition Update 2 + some Enhancer Software.

And it worked just fine.  Also works as a LiveCD, but it's more fun to boot from hard drive.

Thumbs up.

Thanks joerg for updating AmiDVD.

Thanks AmigaKit for all your help.

Sincerely,
redfox
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 03:34:14 AM by redfox »

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 08:16:55 PM »
@ amigakit

mant thanks for this free update to Enhancer 2 users  ;D Installation went smooth with no issues and thank goodness finally AmiDVD is working again !!! Thanks to Hans and all 3D devs that make 3D better and better for OS4.1 and beyond !!!
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 01:50:54 PM »
Is Blu-Ray video support possible?
"Art challenges technology. Technology inspires the art."

John Lasseter, Co-Founder of Pixar Animation Studios

Offline Spectre660

• Show only replies by Spectre660
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 04:29:16 PM »
@ BozzerBigD

Video with  H.264 encoding in resolutions up to 3860x2160 is currently supported and working.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 10:54:34 PM »
OK, so A-EONKit just need to get the Blu-Ray license bit sorted and they're in business! That or they're beaten by a 2006 PS3!  Embarrassing much? ;D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:56:41 PM by BozzerBigD »

Offline Rob

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 06:30:35 PM »
How many people would actually bother with Blu-ray if support was added?  I think more users would be happier if time and money was spent adding video acceleration to a web browser for use with Youtube and other streaming services that don't require DRM.

Offline TribbleSmasher

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2022, 09:08:16 PM »
BluRay is just a carrier. Codecs are important, i throw in HEIC/HEIF again.
We need to be close to supporting latest Jpeg types, and mobile video formats.
Otherwise it's not fun anymore.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 11:54:24 AM »
@BozzerBigD

That or they're beaten by a 2006 PS3!  Embarrassing much?

There is nothing embarassing about the work the developers have done on the Enhancer Software over the last 6 years.   Warp3D Nova already surpasses 2006 technology by some years. If this level of 2D/3D development was easy - it would have been achieved on the Amiga before.

Offline BozzerBigD

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 10:33:49 AM »
"Nobody said it was easy. Nobody said it would be this hard."
Coldplay - The Scientist (2000)

DRM is an issue but it would be nice to circumvent the DRM problem and allow Blu-Ray playback. I understand the video acceleration/drivers are the main work but that makes it all the more frustrating that the 'easy' bit (DRM licensing) can't be sorted out IMHO.

Again it's not a slight on your efforts it's just that a 2006 Sony PS3 is STILL a better media machine than a £2000-ish X5000 for my needs! It trumps the PS4 and PS5 as well as they don't support CD Audio! At least the X5000 can do that!!  ;)

Offline Rob

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 03:07:01 PM »
I somehow doubt the BDA would consider licensing their code to such a small outfit with such a small potential number of potemtial.

Offline Hans_

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »
@Rob
I somehow doubt the BDA would consider licensing their code to such a small outfit with such a small potential number of potemtial.
I'm sure they would grant a license, provided they're paid enough.

@BozzerBigD
DRM is an issue but it would be nice to circumvent the DRM problem and allow Blu-Ray playback. I understand the video acceleration/drivers are the main work but that makes it all the more frustrating that the 'easy' bit (DRM licensing) can't be sorted out IMHO.
It's not so "easy." For starters, the Blu-Ray license will require HDCP, which needs to be added to the graphics drivers. I'm not sure if AMD has open-sourced the HDCP code yet. Back when I started the HDCP details were all locked away behind NDAs. I'm willing to bet it's more complicated than needed...

Next, Blu-Ray menus & extra features require Java. To date, no Java Amiga project has ever been completed to a usable level.

Then someone needs to write/port the Blu-Ray player code. Perhaps our avcodec libraries would need an update (e.g., so we can use HEVC).

When all that's done, then you can finally enjoy playing BluRay discs. Well, if you have a blu-ray drive.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.