Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WHDLoad problems with some games  (Read 2483 times)

Description:

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
Re: WHDLoad problems with some games
« Reply #14 from previous page: November 29, 2003, 04:08:23 AM »
ah yes and SWOS is slow here aswell...known problem..same with aladdin and lionking when using whdload... JST versions seems to be ok though..

cheers
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2003, 05:46:04 PM »
I tried to run SlamTilt from the WHDLoad install but still no luck: The whole system freezed (no QuitKey responce!).

Here are some well known problems (from the WHDLoad manual):

If I have my TCP/IP stack running, nearly every installed program will freeze after a short time because the card creates PORTS interrupts (the same type as interrupts created by the keyboard) which cannot correctly replied to by the installed program. This is because as soon as the request has been acknowledged with an rte, the next interrupt occurs. To avoid this problem, the TCP/IP stack must be stopped before starting WHDLoad.

I run it from a reset, and no TCP stack on the background...

-your machine is incompatible
Especially a 68040/060 CPU or some turboboards/other hardware may cause problems. Try to turn off all extra hardware and try to start the install again.

Also worth to consider...
________
Dodge kingsway history
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:53:28 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline Cass

• Show only replies by Cass
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2003, 12:00:33 AM »
Happy happy happy!!! :-D

I found something that made my problematic WHDload installs, finally run: disabling the WBstartup, I was able to run some games which meant that something was going on with a patch or a similar prog.

The culprit was the dnetc_ppc client!!! All I had to do was to stop the client from the Myzard GUI. Probably it was creating interrupts that couldn't be handled by WHDLoad...
________
Shemale Young
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:54:01 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline Mad-Matt

• Show only replies by Mad-Matt
    • http://www.madmatt.cjb.net
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 12:57:53 AM »
A fast 030 bassed system is perhaps the most compatable for playing whd installed games and even for playing frfom the original floppies.

The 040 is deffinatly the most incompatable and its copyback functionality is pain in the backsided and is what breaks most games. I cant really speak for 060 but i imagine all its various caches upset the odd install since no game ever imagined seeing let alone prepared for the power of the 060.  Alsoalot of the older games require caches to be switched off and this causes emense slowdown on the 040 due to slow chipram access.

The NOAUTOVEC tooltype is what i surgest using if you have all sorts of weird and wonderful hardware attached where the interupts can reak havok. I use it by default on my own machine in the prefs file.  Also NOCHIPCACHE is best used on PPC card bassed system since chipram is not cachable on those cards.  NOCACHE is usualy the saving grace of making an older game work on 040/060. Usualy the caches are disabled from within the slave itself,  but not always depends on what system the slave was developed on in the first place.

The tcp issue is known though and whdload can automaticaly make ya interfaces go on/offline when ya setup the scripts in the whdprefs file, or anyother script/prog for that matter.