Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If Genesi owned the rights to Amiga IP  (Read 15637 times)

Description:

Offline xisp

• Show only replies by xisp
Re: If Genesi owned the rights to Amiga IP
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2003, 11:58:29 PM »
by EntilZha on 2003/5/2 22:12:51

> But OS4 is in hands of Hyperion, right? I mean, if Amiga gets
> taken over or goes out of business then OS4 remains at
> Hyperion. Part of the deal they made. Correct?
Yes.

REALLY??? Then I only have one thing to say to
Amiga Inc: PLEASE GO BUST.

Hyperion rocks, God bless 'em. And...
in case anything goes wrong with that, then plan b:
God bless Morphos.

Offline Siggy

• Show only replies by Siggy
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2003, 12:49:02 AM »

z5 wrote:
I never thought i would say this, but i wouldn't mind them having the IP, IF they let the work on OS4 continue (which i doubt very much as it is in direct competition with MorphOs).

I'm not sure - someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but MorphOs comes 'free' with their hardware.
(Thinking back on the MorphOs GPL? Thread)
Now many are waiting to get the A1 in order to use OS4 - which won't run on the Genesis hw (another point of contention for some).
It seems to me the smart thing in such a scenario would be to allow OS4 to continue being developed by Hyperion to support the users who wish to use it.
Seeing how they would be the only vendor supplying the needed hardware - they don't really lose any sales, they gain them.

But eh.. there will be folks who simply wont buy it on principle -- personally I'm going to wait a loooooong time before commiting myself to anything.

Siggy.
The TV business is uglier than most things.
 It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the Journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs,

Offline iamaboringperson

• Show only replies by iamaboringperson
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2003, 12:57:35 AM »
nup,
there would be less competition - less choice

the things i like about pegasos and morphos comming into the market

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2003, 01:06:02 AM »
nup,
there would be less competition - less choice

Both AOS4 and MorphOS could be made to run on Apple, IBM, and the multitude of other PPC solutions if the developers wanted/had the time/financial inclination to do it.

More competition for hardware, more choice.

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2003, 01:12:54 AM »
Hopefully when Amiga Inc go bust the developers on both platforms will make the OS run on each others machine, (ie OS4 on PEG and MOS on A1)

That would be great and make them more money.

Offline Kurt

• Show only replies by Kurt
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2003, 01:13:52 AM »
MDMA
WHY is it that if MorphOS is so great everyone associated with it feel the need to lie!!!!
and spew such bull.

There is no such thing as the AmigaOS dongle! That is one of the many MorphOS lies

The one reason and the ONLY reason there is no AmigaOS for Pegasos is because BB Does not want The
AmigaOS for the pegasos board. Or for the classic Amiga that is why they have attacked or threatened
anybody associated with the Amiga Inc.

You want AmigaOS for your Pegasos Ask Bill Buck for it.  Hyperion would be glad to make AmigaOs
available for the Pegasos.

BTW if the Amigaone is SOO expensive because of the dongle why haven't yet to be able to buy a
Pegasos for less than I paid for my Amigaone 600 G3.

Why can't you Morph guys just state the facts  Why do you have to make the same FALSE STATEMENTS OVER
AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!

Why do you feel the need to make Attacks against Amiga Inc. Eyetech,Hyperion.

Is it because the  Pegasos and MorphOS are so fatally flawed. Because besides attacks you guys have
yet to say anything TRUTHFULLY POSITIVE about the Pegasos.Or anything about them really.

Bill Buck you still haven't answered my Email questions. I guess the real reason you wanted my phone
number so bad  was so you could send the heavies after me!!
That would be a really bad move on your part. You can't sue someone for liable if they are telling
the truth.
Besides I don't scare easily and my lawyers are tops over anything you could even dream of assembling
for any price!

Don't look for me to answer anything posted as response to this post for I am leaving in ten minutes
for a trip down to my beach house on Pawlys Island and will be gone for the next ten day's or so.
No internet/computers/Video Games allowed at the beach house. Only Books and magazins are allowed
for me and my family.

Kurt.

« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2003, 01:20:17 AM »
@Kurt

You want AmigaOS for your Pegasos Ask Bill Buck for it. Hyperion would be glad to make AmigaOs
available for the Pegasos.

If Amiga Inc go bust, then Hyperion can do whatever they want with AOS4.  And quite rightfully too.  In an ideal world I'd like to run AOS4 on the most expensive laptop apple make with all hardware supported.  There is no way AInc would let Hyperion do this.

There is no such thing as the AmigaOS dongle

Why can't I run AOS4 on any hardware I want then?  Because of AInc.  These guys are costing everyone money, including Hyperion.

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2003, 01:23:51 AM »
:roflmao:  :destroy:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled reality.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2003, 01:27:40 AM »
Why is what I said funny Ray?

If Hyperion can only sell to people with one particular motherboard, then they are losing potential customers.

That is simple free-market economics.

Offline Damion

« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2003, 05:07:07 AM »
No mdma I don't think it's funny at all; I'm
with you 100%. It's common sense.

The "reality' here Hmetal is that OS4 on more
systems (like the Peg) means more money for
Hyperion...they're not stupid, even if they
don't like BB or whatever...this is business,
not daytime television.

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2003, 05:19:45 AM »
HMetal

If you are talking reality, the one thing that stop all the propaganda from both sides is to RELEASE OS4 Screenshots. Aincs intergrity would be alot less tarnished.
realize
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2003, 05:39:27 AM »
You can't sue someone for liable if they are telling

exactly

wich is why you should wake up and question things more... think if everything you said where true about Genesi and they where telling  just 'lies' and 'not true' and 'slander' then why hasnt A.inc (in fine stead with microsoft backing them, blah blah blah) not sued Genesi into oblivion for telling lies, defaming them, etc etc etc ? maybe it's because their not lies but completely true statements and you cannot sue someone for telling the truth...

wake up man... practice what you preach... seriousely... think about it... dont get mad and knee jerk react about this... sit back and think about it for a little while... I'm not saying that Genesi is a great company or anything... I'm not trying to sway you... but have an open mind about it... sit back and think about it..

the above is just my opinon... maybe you're totally right... time will certinly tell and for now I'm inclined to believe Genesi...

Offline HMetal

• Show only replies by HMetal
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2003, 06:05:07 AM »
@mdma

Oops, sorry mate.  It wasn't at you that my laughter was directed.  It was at the topic title. :-)

Sorry for not being more specific.
Ray A. Akey / AKA HMetal

Offline Rogue

• Show only replies by Rogue
    • http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2003, 06:38:37 AM »

mdma wrote:
Both AOS4 and MorphOS could be made to run on Apple, IBM, and the multitude of other PPC solutions if the developers wanted/had the time/financial inclination to do it.

More competition for hardware, more choice.

"Multitude"??

Barbie is canned, last thing I heard. Terrasoft is canned, last thing I heard. IBM? Let's be serious, did you check the price tag?

Pegasos: They didn't want it last time we asked.
Look out, I\'ve got a gun

Offline Rogue

• Show only replies by Rogue
    • http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2003, 06:39:45 AM »
Seehund, I think I asked you before how you would handle customer support. Did you ever answer to that?
Look out, I\'ve got a gun

« Reply #59 from previous page: May 03, 2003, 06:43:33 AM »
see you use this 'support' as a weapon against freedom of choice for a motherboard... Microsoft handles support how do they do it? Linux(all the various distros)??? BeOS? QNX??? BSD??? Apple had clones how did it do it????... they all somehow magically can do it...how come you cant? and as BBRV has said they plan to bring MorphOS to macs and they said MorphOS will run the Teron's w/o A1 changes made....