Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New book: AmigaOS 4.1 - Emulation  (Read 10819 times)

Description:

Offline hishamk

Re: New book: AmigaOS 4.1 - Emulation
« on: May 24, 2016, 10:44:29 AM »
Quote from: Duce;809063
Good luck to you, but I find it distasteful to effectively just scour forums and faq's and see it released as some pay for collective guide.

Not a thing in it that could not be learned by a few clicks on the various Amiga forums.  But hey, cash in while you can.

We should be warmly and openly helping people set such things up without putting dollar signs on things.

I find such things the epitome of what is wrong with "the scene".  Maybe I am just an Amiga old timer that got too used to people openly helping on another without putting a dollar value on community collective tips and information, I guess.

It's just EUR 19 for goodness sake. There's nothing wrong if the guy thinks his time to put it altogether is worth that much. I haven't read the book, but I guess there would be pointers and references to where he picked up the info.

Just look at some of the O'Reilly books. Some of them contain info you can glean from technical/API docs and forums. Still, I'd prefer a book that compiles things in one place and provides added insight (again, not sure if this book does, but I do hope so).

If it's any consolation, he's the guy behind the AmiCAST podcast, which is... free and quite enjoyable and informative. So that makes him one of the cool guys in the scene and I wouldn't mind if his other endeavours warranted a little bit of monetary incentive.

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:47:10 AM by hishamk »
2x A1000, 2x A2000, 1x A3000, 4x A1200, 3x A500, 1x CDTV, 1x CD32, 2x Pegasos II, 1x EFIKA