Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New 3d versions of popular 2d Amiga games?  (Read 2339 times)

Description:

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
Re: New 3d versions of popular 2d Amiga games?
« Reply #29 from previous page: July 05, 2004, 06:20:12 PM »
Why not a 2d SVGA (1280*1024, 32 bit colour, antialiased) version of sensible soccer? I mean, arcadey feel with a HUUUUUGE look on the playfield. I also think it'd give it a more strategic touch. :-)
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Raymond

• Show only replies by Raymond
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2004, 09:08:29 AM »
Excellant! I like this discussion, let me a clear a few things up by adding my gaming knowledge to the pool.

First off, Lemmings, my all time fave game. In 3D? it was done. Came out on the PS1. Cool soundtrack, lousy game. They then brought out Lemmings revolution for the PC for about 2 microseconds before the bubble burst and the Lemmings franchise died aroundabout the time a 500mhz PC was cutting edge.
Also, I have word that Psygnosis and her respective copywrites have been absorbed into Eidos in europe and the developers in the US folded into Sony, and while this could mean a re-release of lemmings, don't hold your breath.

Syndicate was re-done, also on the PS1 as syndicate wars, a sort of 3-D isometric game which was very good. There also working on a counter-strike mod which is based on Syndicate.

Monkey island as you will almost definatly know is now a   3-D game for the PS2 and PC.

But other than that I think only older gamers would get this sort of game. Rick dangerous would make a fantastic comedy tomb raider game, Zool as a 3d sonic affair wouldnt be too bad either.

I personally think games like North and South could make a excellant 3-D comeback, as would Lost Dutchmans Mine and a modern take on Milennium 2.2 would be good, it would end up looking a bit like homeworld (which isnt a bad thing at all).

Oh and by the way, wasn't BC Kid the amiga mascot? They had about 20 diffrent mascots at the time so I guess its hard to tell which one is the official one. Which one had more than 1 game?

Offline Chunder

• Show only replies by Chunder
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2004, 10:04:35 AM »

Gibbersan wrote:
I'd like to see new versions of Fairy Tale Adventure and Alternate Reality. At one time, Alternate Reality was supposed to have been reworked into Alternate Reality Online (by the creator Philip Price and musician from the original Gary Gilbertson), but that didn't go anywhere.

Ooooh YEAH! Totally amazing game for the time (runs pretty well in UAE, too!) and a multiplayer updated version would rock. It'd be amazing if it could use the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic engine, or something similar...

8-)  :-D
Pimp My Amiga  8-)