Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minimig AGA for the MiST v1.1  (Read 4117 times)

Description:

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
Re: Minimig AGA for the MiST v1.1
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »
I believe the Keyrah is designed to be powered via the hosts USB. I would hope it has a relatively low current draw similar to a normal USB keyboard/controller. Where the PI will be mounted and in what orientation isn't clear yet so which ports will be internal and which available at the back of the case isn't known by me. If all the USB ports are at the back you'll probably need to loop back into the case to plug in the keyrah, if not  then I would expect they can be connected internally, but you may need to bring other connectors out via trailing (extension) leads out of the case or by making some kind of custom rear panel/adapter board. The new case should have a place to take 2 (rapid road) USB ports.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:12:34 AM by IanP »

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »
Lurch, transparent cases are 79 Euro, it's one of the standard case base colour options. A keycaps / A1200 keyboard kickstarter is also planned. I don't know if it will only happen if this kickstarter fails but if they both reach their goals I would imagine there's a good chance of the keyboards being ready before the cases.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:26:43 AM by IanP »

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 07:01:54 PM »
Is there a wi-fi or ethernet solution for MiST?

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
I see ethernet is on the TODO list along with RTG and AHI. The ST core already has ethernet support YouTube vid.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:23:49 PM by IanP »

Offline IanP

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
There are still fewer backers than the first attempt and Philippe Lang said that many of the backers for the second try were new ones which suggest either the message hasn't got out fully or something is preventing the old backers from returning. In regards to the message, it's harder to generate publicity the second time for something that failed the first time, it's "old news". The second attempt is buried in old threads on some of the Amiga forums. What else could be preventing old backers from returning? I know there was a lot of negativity about the campaign on at least one European forum but I'm not sure what it was about. There always seems to be some negativity in the Amiga community. Some of the original backers may have missed out on the limited edition they pledged on originally as the Lukash and Scoopex cases went very quickly so maybe they haven't pledge again yet.

The campaign needs to average about 1200 Euros a day from now on to hit the goal but over the weekend it only averaged about 1000 Euros. I really hope this campaign works and delivers, it's touch and go at the moment.